Chapter 18: Devil's Hearts

Today was a good day. At least, Tord thought so.

Sparrow dropped Tom off at his apartment complex and Tord waved him goodbye as Tom walked into the building.

The car was filled with candy, all provided by Sparrow when she pulled out her secret stash from the trunk of the car.

Then, Tord was pulled out of his thoughts when he saw his apartment complex in front of the car. Sparrow was already looking at him so she can fare him farewell, but Tord was apparently to caught up in his thoughts to even notice.

Not wanting to waste Sparrow's time, he'd hurriedly rushed out of the car and wished her well. He speeded towards his apartment in his embarrassed manner, trying not to think of how awkward Sparrow must've felt as she was waiting for Tord to leave.

He went up the elevator to the 3rd floor and passed by numerous apartments before stopping at his. He pulled out his apartment keys before opening the door. Tord walked in there, only to be met by his roommate: Nathan.

Nathan was in the middle of a gaming stream on YouTube, and Tord is pretty sure it was unexpected for Tord to arrive quite early. "Hey!" Nathan greeted Tord with a grin, his American accent is as evident as can be. "Hold up guys—" he took off his headphones and waltzed over to his roommate.

Tord smiled back. "Hello, Nate."

"You're back early. What, something happened at work?"

"No, it just so happened that work went quite smoothly." Tord flopped down next to Nathan on the couch, staring at the game he was playing.

It was Minecraft. Tord stared at the screen. Then back at Nate. "Seriously?" he asks.

"It's all the rage back in America!" his roommate smiled with glee.

Nathan was an average looking guy. He was tall and lean, his long brown hair pulled up into a mini bun. He had a goatee, along with a plain white shirt that said, 'Viva La Fuck You' and black shorts. You know, just... average.

Tord flipped himself upside down, staring at the screen for God knows how long. He heard Nathan scream at the screen, cuss, y'know, just your average gaming behavior.

"It's just Minecraft." Tord sighed.

"Enderman killed me!!"

"So?"

Nathan shut down the live stream and video game, turning towards Tord. "So? Dude, I lost all of my items!" (a/n: sorry, I don't know much Minecraft. I haven't played it in years)

"It's just a game, Nate." Tord argued. "Now c'mon, let's eat dinner."

_____

Nathan is important to the story I am so sorry for the short chapter that is probably filler—