Chapter 17: Joyrides on a Work Day

(long chapter is here! But if you don't want to waste your time reading this big chapter, that's ok! You can read it when you have the time)

Tom didn't know much about an office job. But he definitely knew it didn't revolve around jamming out to Adele's 21 and feasting on sour gummy worms.

It was a few days after Tord visited their apartment. Tom stayed in his apartment, sitting on the couch, staring at a wall. His dear neighbors and companions were out and about with their jobs, leaving Tom to himself.

He didn't have much to do. For starters, Tom lowered his usage on technology, as he didn't want to pay more for his phone bills. So that throws watching on the telly out of the window.

And without Edd and Matt to conversate to or not feeling the motivation to do any hobbies, Tom found himself pretty bored alone in his apartment. It almost made him wish that perhaps Tord was there to keep him company... wow, he was so lonely he had to stoop so low to Tord.

Don't get him wrong, Tom had... mixed feelings for Tord. On one hand, you can't immediately forgive someone for blowing up your entire house. But on the other, Tord genuinely seemed to want to fix what he had broken. And Tom liked the effort.

In a moment's notice, the doorbell rang. Tom didn't even hear it until this person began to repeatedly ring the doorbell. "Oh for Christ's sake—" Tom cursed. "I'm coming!"

Tom stood up from his couch, grumbling as he opened the door. "Tord...?" Tom said. "What are you doing here?"

"Surprised to see me, Jehovah?" Tord smirked.

"Well, yes." Tom leaned on the door frame, tapping his foot like he was waiting for Tord to leave. "I answered your question. You answer mine."

"Oh, yes!" Tord clasped his hands together, a small smile grew upon his face. "I was wondering if you would like to keep me company as I go to work."

Tom raised an eyebrow. Tord inviting Tom to his work? What a boring invitation. But what did Tom have anything better to do? He's alone in his apartment, planning to go out anyway. So what's the harm in being in the same room with the guy to stabbed you in the back and almost killed you?... oh, right.

"I don't know... who will be there?" Tom asked.

"What a strange question, Thomas." chuckled Tord.

"Please don't call me that."

"It's just Sparrow and me driving around London for work. Nothing else. It's okay if you refuse, we would just appreciate some more company."

Always Sparrow, huh? Tom didn't know why, but Tom felt a pang of jealousy within. He didn't know why, maybe it's because he and Tord used to be good friends and after he left, he had someone else. But whatever, it's nothing.

Anyhoo, Tom agreed to go with Tord. The two took the elevator to the lobby then went out of the apartment complex to see Sparrow at the driver's seat, her legs propped up against the wheel. "Took ya long enough." she grinned. "If I didn't know any better, you were willing to ditch me."

"I couldn't if I tried." said Tord, rolling his eyes. "You would've killed me if I did." He slid into the front seat as Tom went in the back.

As the two closed the car door, Sparrow turned the keys, put the car in reverse, and hit the gas. Next thing Tom knew, they were on the road.

The first few minutes that flew by was in comfortable silence. Everyone was minding their own business. Sparrow was fixated on the road, Tord was on his phone, and Tom was staring out the window, admiring the streets of London.