Chapter 3: Three Happy Men; What Happened To Them?

With the gang:

Empty. The space between three best friends felt empty.

In the three apartments that the three friends lived in, they had barely came out of their apartments.

Of course, they still went out together. Go on adventures, make some trouble, maybe make a new movie... they were buddies. But it wasn't for good fun. Their shenanigans were the reason being of looking for a distraction just to get through the day.

Within the three apartments, lived a brit named Edd Grand. Edd Grand was a strange guy. Always in his thoughts, looking like he was answering a billion questions in his mind at the same time. The poor guy looked like he's been through a lot.

Then there was a chap named Matt Harris, who lived in the next apartment. The guy seems to be out of it, always striving to make sure his two friends are well, but not taking care of himself as much as he needed to. That happy twinkle in his eyes seem to be distinguished.

And then there was a guy named Thomas Richmond, who lived in the last apartment. The man was an alcoholic, and was very ornery and snarky. He had no hesitation to come up with clever insults to anyone, and was the first one to throw the punch in a fight. Looks like he've been doing that for awhile...

The three lived in London, having their fair share of randomly spilling their emotions out. But never did they think it could come to such things such as therapy.

It started on a late Friday night. When the lights were alit in Edd's apartment, the aroma of sweet cola and greasy bacon that hung around the kitchen was welcoming enough to hide the melochony the was hidden between the homey atmosphere.

Edd was a cola addict some people can say. He loved cola a bit too much. But today, his friends were baffled when Edd didn't drink one sip of cola today. "Edd, are you okay?" Matt asked concernedly to his friend.

There was another thing that was off with Edd that evening. Besides not even just drinking cola for one day— which was unusual by itself —the man didn't look like he didn't get much sleep either. "Yeah, you don't look so good." Tom arose an eyebrow, tugging his lips to the side.

"I'm alright." Edd said with a strain. "Just a lot on my mind."

Tom and Matt locked eyes with one another, nodding like this is some kind of mission. They knew something was wrong. They just knew. The two lived with Edd for too long.

They both sat down at the sides of Edd, and gave Edd that 'I'm not playing games' look.

"Edd." Tom started firmly. "What is going on?"

The man they called their best friend averted eye contact, chewing his lip nervously. "Edward." Matt called Edd by his real name. "We're not forcing you, but if there's something wrong, we should know if it's going to bother you all day." Matt furrowed his eyebrows, scowling a bit.

Edd seemed to be on the brink of tears, yet he never let any of them fall. A solid minute passed by. The man closed his eyes... and let out a big sigh. Should he have to come clean?

He made eye contact with the two men in front of him. He was cornered. But what's even the point of hiding it anyways? Secrets are bound to be found. So, it's best to say the truth now.

"I have anxiety."