Chapter 16: She Was A Phantom- and There Used To Be Life

Sparrow Mendoza was a phantom. And she knew others were as well.

As soon as she saw Edd and Matt walk into Tord's office, she knew they were just like her. Background characters. A phantom. Someone never notices. And she wanted to change that.

She knew they deserved more than being of a background character. They deserved to play a role. They did not deserve to be ignored.

So, when the opportunity arose to work as Tord's second in command, she sprung into action. Tord knew what Sparrow was. He knew what she was capable of. And he sure as hell knew that if Sparrow was under control, it would be like Tord never left. Or, she could push the army into its golden age.

Knowing this, Sparrow was not afraid to speak her mind. As a woman, she is sometimes looked down upon. Some people say, "You cannot lead an army! You're a woman! Go back to your house and bake a pie!" but Sparrow paid no mind to it.

The world has changed, and so has the role of women has played. And Sparrow was determined to show it.

Sparrow was being held down by Tord at the moment, yet he was struggling to hold on. She was taller than Tord by a few inches, winning her the right to tease him about his height. And not to mention, she had to work out a lot to achieve the role of second in command. She was in the army, after all.

"What the— Sparrow, stop trying to bite me!" hisses Tord, pushing Sparrow's face away from his arm.

"Let me at him, Tord! He made this bitch mad and now he's gonna see who's stronger now!" Sparrow screeches, flailing her arms around.

Meanwhile, Edd and Matt were in the same situation, restraining the tipsy Tom from strangling the only female in the room.

"Tom! What did Mrs. Jayne talk to you about alcohol!?" Edd huffed.

"C'mon, I'm only tipsy!" exclaims Tom, who was kicking both of his friend's shins.

"Ow! Tim, Edd's correct!" said Matt, mispronouncing Tom's name once again. Another kick to the shin for Matt.

"It's Tom! I don't know if you're just doing this to screw with me, or you can't pronounce names with the letter 'T', or both!" Tom cried out, still violently thrashing around, trying to jerk off his friends' arms.

"SPARROW MENDOZA STOP HITTING ME!" screeched Tord. Yes, he was getting beat up by his best friend. This is true friendship.

Sparrow was furiously trying to get Tord off now, resulting in her hitting her friend. In retaliation, Tord fought back, bringing back an old-time wrestling match, which was thought that Sparrow and Tord wouldn't do anymore as they're so-called 'adults.' Yeah, they're definitely adults.

So now they have this mess. Two rowdy drunks free with a wrestling match. What a wonderful way to start from a clean slate. Well, almost.

Luckily, under 5 minutes, the issue was resolved, and both Sparrow and Tom were put into two separate rooms after Sparrow annihilated Tord in their small wrestling match. Tord laid on the floor rethinking his decisions about life, as Matt and Edd were having many flashbacks about somethings related to these scenarios.

•••

"I hope you stub your toe!" screamed Tord.

Ah yes, the good old days. The days before Tord blatantly stabbed them in the back and the worst thing he would do is yelling at his enemy, Tom.

"Oh yeah? I hope you walk on a minefield of legos!" retorted Tom, huffing as slammed the fridge door.

"I hope your beloved Smirnoff bottles break!"

"I hope your stupid ass hentai burns!"

"I hope you two stop your bitching and shut up, " snaps Edd, who just was trying to enjoy his cola, but could not due to his two friends arguing.

"We're trying to enjoy things other than arguing." interjects Matt, now looking at himself in the mirror.

No one really knew how the argument got there, but all that really went down is that after everything calmed down, they all fell asleep on the same couch, jokingly calling each other names and such.

•••

Oh, the group would give anything to have those days back again. You could say it was the golden period of their youth, where things seemed to turn up. But most good things must come to an end and their golden age was no exception.

But back to the present. Everything felt like everything back then. The dumb arguments, the silly insults, and making it up with questioning their sanity.

What a silly world they live in. One moment you're with a man who betrayed you. And the next you both are on the same team to tame two drunk friends.

Oh yes, this a silly world. A silly world that shouldn't be taken lightly.