𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 || 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦

Request a character along with a plot and I'll choose some next week!

(Comment under this to request.)

《 ✐✎✐

Steven had been ignoring me ever since the cactus accident. We're not exactly on the right terms right now since he said something about me. Cactus Steven was blurting out every thought he had and it was quite hurtful.

Cactus Steven roared as I sliced it's arm off. It was a bad idea as it exploded and I got pricked everywhere.

"THAT FUCKING HURT LIKE A MOTHER-" I exclaimed but got cut off by Steven blocking the monster from attacking me.

"Y/n, be careful!" Steven warned as the cactus monster tries to attack again.

"I'm so sick and tired of y/n clinging to me every time! I don't need her all the time, she thinks she can help me but I'm pretty sure she's the one who needs it. Sometimes I wish that she could leave me alone!" Cactus Steven emphasized as it tries to attack.

I stood behind Steven in silence. The gems looked at me with concerned faces. I started to tear up and ran straight for the front door.

"Y/n, wait!" I heard Steven yell as I ran straight home.

Every time I go out and had to run some errands in the town, I see him smiling and talking to people happily.

I guess he really didn't want me to be around him...

I would always contemplate on whether I should text him, but that would be too clingy. That's the least thing he'd like for me to do right now.

As I laid down in bed, a knock interrupted my chain of thoughts. I peeked my head up and looked at my window to see who was at the door and it was Amethyst. When I opened the door, I saw her face that was full of concern.

"What do you want?" I asked rather coldly.

I really didn't want anyone visiting today.

"I just wanted to check on you, dude." Amethyst said softly.

I softened and smiled at her. I stepped aside to let her in. We immediately laid down in my bed and looked at the ceiling. This is what we did when we would start a serious conversation.

"So how's you and Steven? Whenever I ask him, he just ignores it." Amethyst asked, breaking the silent atmosphere.

"I don't know. It's been three weeks since we last talked. He ignores me now and he seems to be happier without me."

It was silent again. My eyes went to observe Amethyst and she looked guilty of something. I held her hand and she looked at me, her eyes filled with sadness.

"What's wrong, Amethyst?" I asked with worry laced in my voice.

Amethyst stood up, heading for my front door. I followed her with confusion. She opened the door and sighed, her back facing me.

"The reason why I came here is because Steven asked me to tell you that it's over. He can't face you himself because he doesn't want to see your reaction. I'm sorry, y/n." As she said that, she closed the front door and left.

I felt as if my heart shattered into a million pieces and broke down. Why did he just end our relationship like that? Was he really sick of me? I want answers!

I stood up, wore my sandals and went running on the way to the temple. As I ran, the tears was still flowing. I saw Peedee ahead and I tried to hide my face, but he still saw my tears.

"Y/n, why are you crying?" Peedee asked with worry.

I ignored him and ran faster towards the temple. I could make out a figure above the hill and it was Steven, watching the sunset. I started to make my way towards the hill, not taking a break. As I reached Steven, I was gasping for air. He turned around and looked at me with an emotion I couldn't describe.

"Why did you want to end... Us?" I looked at him straight in the eyes, my tears never stopping.

"It's because I hurt you, y/n! I'm dealing with problems on my own right now and I'm unleashing all of my stress and anger out on you. Every one is drifting away and soon enough, you will too. I'm saving myself from another-" Steven paused. We both looked at each other, both miserable and broken.

"Problem? Heartbreak?" I continued for him and looked away.

I felt Steven get closer and he held my chin, making me face him. He crashed his lips onto mine and I kissed back. Our kiss was full of love, but it was bittersweet. As we pulled apart, Steven was crying too.

"I'm really sorry, y/n. We'll talk again when we're ready, but for now I can't talk yet." Steven said as he walked away, leaving me alone.