𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐐𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐳 || 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰

you're a gem in this imagine

☆ y/g = your gem

《 ✐✎✐

I sprung out from my hole in the kindergarten. I looked around my surroundings and all I saw was emptiness. I examined myself - I looked exactly like a y/g so why did I come out late? Just as I snapped out of my thoughts, I saw four gems standing in front of me. I backed up, scared that they might shatter me. The gem with the pink hair seem to pick up on my scare and tried to approach me in a calm manner.

"Hey it's alright, we're not here to hurt you."

Something about her voice made me feel safe and content. She smiled and approached me. She was much more taller than me but not much. She looked at my gem and held my shoulders.

"You're a y/g! But do you want to be called that?"

I looked at her with a questioning look at my face. She giggled and hugged me from the side.

"We're on Earth and we have the freedom to name ourselves! What do you want to name yourself?"

I looked down, not thinking of any names that would suit me.

"I don't know."

I admitted, looking away. She went silent, thinking.

"How about, y/n?"

I smiled at the name she suggested. Y/n sounds like me! She saw my smile and her smile grew even bigger.

"Alright, y/n it is! Let's go back to the temple, Garnet stick with her."

A gem who was serious and who appears to be a fusion, held my wrist and directed me to the warp pad. As we walked, I could hear Rose and the Pearl discussing about me.

"Are you sure she's trustworthy?"

"She just came out, Pearl. Don't jump into conclusions."

I shrugged it off and just continued to walk.

🌺

We were walking around a place called 'Beach City' and the Crystal Gems taught me more about human culture. Everyone had been so kind to me, except for Pearl. I don't blame her, I'm new to their group. We arrived back into the temple, they allowed me to have my own room and I was grateful. Everyone got back to their respective rooms, except for Rose. We're both silently watching the waves of the ocean, comfortable with each other's company.

I felt Rose move and I looked at her to see that she was staring at me. She held both of my hands, leaving me in a blushing mess.

"Y/n, you were made to serve your diamond. You don't have to anymore! We, the Crystal Gems, fought for this planet and for our freedom. I can see that you have something special, use that in protecting the Earth. Welcome to the Crystal Gems, y/n!"

The way she said all of it, it sounded inspiring. This could be how I life out my life from now on. She stood up and offered a helping hand in which I gladly accepted.

"Take some rest, I'll see you tomorrow."

I watched her go further away from me. Something about her makes me happy. I want to keep that feeling forever.