Calum - Hospital

Pain. It was the only thing Calum could aknowledge. It came in waves, or maybe he was just floating in and out of consciousness . There were voices, people touching him and moving his limbs, but Calum could barely feel them.

"Can you hear me?" a concerned voice asked, their face finally making its way in Calum's line of view. "What's your name, lil boy?"

Calum desperately tried to grasp as many details as he could. It was a woman, she was petite, not too young and she looked worried. Her hand took a hold of Calum's face, her thumb stroking his wet cheek. 

He was in a car, going somewhere, but he couldn't remember where. And there was yelling. Liam. Liam was yelling, as always. Where were they going? Calum's head was too fuzzy and the pain was so bad that he couldn't remember what he was doing. And why was everyone screaming?

"Are you with me? We are moving you now and it's going to hurt, lil boy," the woman said.

Calum tried to nod, but his head didn't move. Someone moved him and next thing he knew, Calum was screaming so loud that his chest hurt.

Then everything went black.

.

Next time Calum woke up everything was numb. He blinked his eyes open, confused by all the white sorrounding him. Where was he? How did he end up there? It took him a while to focus on what was going on, last thing he remembered was being in a car with Liam. And he found himself scared at the thought that he couldn't remember what happened after that.

He was in a car with Liam, but what happened after that?

He tried to look around, but once again he couldn't move his head. The stiffness didn't help calm his nerves, if anything it made it worse. There was a beeping noise piercing through his ears and he wished he could tell where it was coming from. 

"You are awake lil boy," a voice said. It felt nice and even if Calum couldn't tell whose voice it was, it felt familiar.

"Hi!" the same voice said and this time the owner of that voice appeared in front of Calum. "I'm Monique, I am the paramedic who got you out of the car. How are you?" she asked.

"Paramedic?" Calum asked. His voice was hoarse and scratchy and his throat was sore. He had so many questions, but he was so confused that he didn't know where to start.

"Yeah. I don't usually visit patients, but I have your phone. Your friend gave it to me, so..." The woman bit her lip awkwardly, trying to explain. "Maybe you don't remember. You were in a car crash, a pretty bad one to be honest. I'm happy you made it out alive. Last time I saw you, you were unresponsive."

Calum blinked confused at her. Car crash? Maybe that could explain why his head was in so much pain, but still didn't explain why he couldn't move. And the noise was still there and it was so annoying. The more he thought about it, the more the beeping came faster. "What this sound?" he asked slurring his words. He wished he could formule a better sentence, but he was too tired for that.

"You mean the beeping? It's a heart monitor," Monique said. At Calum's confused expression, she added, "You know where you are, right? You are in the hospital, lil boy. You are a little banged up."

"Liam?" he asked with tears in his eyes. 

In a moment everything came to him. Just a stupid argument because Liam didn't like Calum spending so much time with Michael and the guys, which was funny by the way, since he had had an argument with Michael just before that and that was because Michael couldn't stand Liam. So two people were mad at him just because he couldn't choose between his boyfriend and his best friend.