Calum - Concussion

--> Could u write one where Calum gets a concussion during a football game? And the boys are there w him to comfort him or something like that:)) also ur very talented!!

Just one thing. I usually try to be as realistic as possible, so I have to apologize before you read. Don't ask me why there isn't medical help on the field. It isn't there because I was too lazy to write about first aid, that's why!

The boys are around 16 here, so they are still in school.

.

Calum loves football. He still doesn't know what he wants to do when he gets older, but the idea of playing football sounds nice despite how many times his mom tells him that it isn't a real job and he should focus on school.

He does his warm up as always, doing small chat with his team mates and barely acknowledging his friends as they take their places on the stand.

Today is a big day. Not because it's Calum's first match. Not because of the match itself, it's just an exhibition game, before the tournament begins. But because they are playing with Winchester High and they are known to be the best team and also the wildest players. Calum isn't scared, he is the kind of player who does it for fun, but he still wants to do good and prove himself with his parents, even if they didn't come to see him play.

He gets ready and when the whistle blows he begins jogging around, following the ball with his eyes.

Halfway through the match he begins to realize why his teammates where so worried about this game. He has already been pushed countless times, he got so many kicks in his shins that they are throbbing. There have been a couple of yellow cards for the opponents, but nothing major. Honestly, it looks like a rugby match too Calum and he isn't too pleased.

But he isn't one who complains. He ignores the pain in his legs and jumps to stop the ball with his chest as it's thrown at him. Except that he isn't the only one jumping. He doesn't know how it happens, but somehow he gets hit by an opponent's elbow on his right temple and he falls to the ground not caring about the ball anymore.

There is a blinding pain spreading through his head and when the referee blows his whistle it only intensifies Calum's pain and he misses the red card and the curses as the guy who hit him leaves. He holds his head with his hands, kneeling on the grass and keeping his eyes closed.