Chapter 18 - Hope

The next morning, Ashley woke up with a blinding headache. When she got up to freshen herself up, she was surprised to see that everyone else was up and cleaning up the house.

As she was about to open the bathroom door, Kaye suddenly opens it.

"Great timing" Ashley mutters under her breath, not really wanting to confront Kaye, as it will surely make her headache even worse. So she thought, she should act like she was not aware of anything that happened yesterday and avoid confrontation about the topic forever.

"Ughh morning... what the hell did I drink last night? My head is killing me" Ashley complains, standing in front of Kaye. Which confuses Kaye, as she was pretty sure that Ashley would stubbornly avoid her for at least a week, so it was a surprise that Ashley wasn't ignoring her, and even more surprised that Ashley was talking to her.

"Ummm Are you okay?" Kaye asks Ashley, getting out of the way, so that Ashley would be able to enter the bathroom. 

"Well if you count having a headache as being fine, then I guess I'm fine" Ashley groans as she walks past Kaye, and closes the door on Kaye's still confused face. Ashley did a little happy dance in her head, knowing that she succeeded in avoiding any awkward confrontation.

Frankly, Ashley was not ready to talk about everything that happened last night; the kiss, witnessing Kaye on top of Chelsea, and most of all, she wasn't ready to talk about feelings, because she's still quite confused about her own feelings, despite feeling jealousy and anger at the sight of Kaye on top of Chelsea.

 -

When Ashley had finished freshening up in the bathroom, she went back to her room, only to find Cassie sitting on her bed.

"Sooo... you and Kaye was pretty close last night" Cassie says with a smirk. Cassie, didn't know anything about what happened in the closet, so she still thought that everything was still going in a positive direction. Boy was she wrong. Ashley didn't want to give her any confirmation about Kaye, she wanted to deal with this by herself, for now at least, until she confirms that Kaye is really serious about her.

"What happened last night? I really don't remember much except fro drinking a heap load of alcohol" This question wipes the smirk off Cassie's face.

"Are you being serious, Ash? You really don't remember anything?" Cassie asks, worried that everything she had worked up to had been a complete waste, and now she would have to find another way to get Kaye and Ashley closer.

"Yeah, I really don't remember anything" Ashley says, hands in her in hair, to convincingly look distressed about her "memory loss".

"That's weird, I don't remember you ever having memory loss after a drunken night" Cassie throws a weird face at Ashley, quite doubtful that Ashley couldn't remember anything from last night.

"Well, I really can't remember anything. So..." Ashley trails off.

"If you ever need to talk about something, just come talk to me okay?" Cassie says, for precaution, in the case that Ashley does actually remember but does not want to talk about it. Ashley nods in agreement.

"Well, you can talk to me whenever you want to. Plus, I feel like you've been spending time with Kaye more than me" Ashley says with a sad face, hoping that she could steer the subject away from herself.

"Awww, is little Ash jealous? Are you jealous because you're not the one spending time with Kaye?" Cassie says, poking her on the ribs, with a teasing grin on her face.

"What? No, that's ridiculous. You know I don't like her like that" Ashley says, with a scrunched up face. Although, inside she was practically freaking out, that it might be the case. Oh god, please don't tell me I'm jealous.