Chapter 11 - Awkward

THIS HAS NOT BEEN CHECKED FOR GRAMMATICAL AND SPELLING ERRORS.

You see, Ashley expected Kaye to be pestering her, to at least greet her with that smile no matter what mood Ashley was in; even if she's trying to ignore her. It never comes though, she doesn't even say "Hi" when she opens the door for her, which is weird for both of them, since Kaye is so devoted in getting a reaction from Ashley.

She hates to admit it, but she was waiting, waiting for the sexy voice and sexy accent to be talking to her, to be giving her the attention she wants so badly. She should be happy really, it's easier to ignore someone when they're ignoring you and having a good time while you're doing everything in your will not to outright ask her why she's torturing you like this. 

What Ashley doesn't know is that Kaye can just barely keep her eyes off her. She thinks about why Ashley didn't even greet her, she knows she's too well mannered too suddenly just stop greeting people. She thinks about why she's acting so cold after their hot encounter yesterday, or why she doesn't have the smile on her beautiful pink lips (not the genuine one anyway). Most of all, she wanted to know why she haven't looked her way since she arrived at the Adams household for game night.

The clock ticks, the minutes go by, the hours go on and still no contact, except for stolen glances and shared thoughts, which if you ask me, are more telling than physical advances.

-

They have fun, well pretend to have fun, until the others start to leave and all that's left is Cassie and Kaye. Cassie and Ashley have a quick chat, knowing that Cole will take Cassie away after Kaye and Cole finish playing their first person shooter game on the PS3.

Cassie leads Ashley away from the living room, they reach the kitchen. Cassie suddenly turns around and looks Ashley square in the eyes, Ashley starts to feel uncomfortable, Cassie is her best friend after all, and she wouldn't put it past her if she somehow knew something was up (or down) even with such little display of emotions.

"What's this about?" Ashley asks Cassie, clearly taking the safe route, just in case Cassie didn't notice anything after all.

Cassie looks so frustrated all of a sudden, she then feels guilt coming on, and she tries to fight it.

"There's so much tension in the air!" Cassie whispers, flailing her arms, Ashley doesn't know why Cassie is so affected by her problem, but then again, the tension was there, very much so in fact.

"Really?" Ashley asks

"It's suffocating! all this sexual tension..." Cassie whispers the last part loudly

"Ummm" Ashley scratches her head, dumbfounded by how much this has actually affected her best friend.

"I mean I know how uncomfortable this can be for you so it's fine if you don't wanna talk about it" If she wasn't sure Cassie knew before, she definitely knows now, and if she's going to start talking to someone about this, who better than her best friend.

"I'm sure you can feel it, it was right there all night!" Cassie continues

"i mean yeah, i don't really know what to do about it..." Ashley says

"Well you don't have to do anything about it, it's not your problem, so don't worry" Cassie tells her reassuringly

"Well it is kind of my problem..." Ashley says not wanting to talk about this any longer, Cassie just gives her a blank look.

"Honey, my sex life is not your problem, so don't worry about it okay?" Then it dawned on Ashley, how she's been so selfish and not been a good confidant these last few days. Cassie has a larger problem than her, considering Cassie and her brother have already established a romantic relationship. Ashley was soon to recover from her guilt and focus on being a good friend instead.