Chapter 14 - Everything has changed II

Kaye's POV

There's this rumour I've been hearing, I don't want to believe it's true. But I guess, because I've seen it with my own two eyes, it's now more of a fact than something you can deny. I didn't even know you had it in you; being the perfect embodiment of a golden girl (in my eyes anyway....although maybe not anymore). I shouldn't have trusted you. They told me to stay away from you, they said "she'll just break your heart", but I loved you so much, I just couldn't stay away, no matter how much I tried.

I defended you when my friends accused you of doing things behind my back. With every accusation they made, the more I defended you and my trust for my own best friends was slowly slimming; it should've been the other way around. I found out through my own two eyes that it was more than just accusations.

But it was too late. I've broken friends' trust, they wouldn't take me back; like I didn't take you back when you begged for my forgiveness. I loved you, and I love[d] my friends. I should've chosen my friends, instead I chose you and in the end, I lost both my friends and the love of my life. Along with a broken heart.

My best friends took me back. But it was never the same. The high level of trust and friendship they used to have for me never came back. They tried and I tried, to make everything the same again, but it was something unfixable, no matter how much we wanted it to be fixed again.

It drove me to a dark place; going over everything about you, what caused you to hurt me like this. Then I saw a pattern, and then I thought, maybe it wasn't your fault after all, and that it was the expectations of you. You, your kind, your group. Cheerleaders. All heartbreakers. So I thought, maybe I could save a lot of heartbreak by doing it to the heartbreakers. Let them have a taste of their own medicine.

From that moment on, I knew that everything has changed.

As I read my diary entries from a year ago, I couldn't help but think of the people I've left in London. Are they even thinking of me? Did Alex finally tell them where I was? Did they even care?

One thing's for sure, I care, I still care. That's the whole reason why I'm still doing this. This cheerleader heartbreaking thing. It's only been a year but I've caused more damage to cheerleaders than I anticipated.