Chapter 3 - First Day

Kaye’s POV

ARRRRGGHH!!!!! Turn that stupid alarm off!!! The sound of a siren ringing through my ears as it tries to wake me up consistently annoys me so I just decide to turn it off. But that doesn’t mean I actually get up! Anyway I knew I wasn't going to get up, that’s why I always set my alarm 10 minutes before the actual time I’m supposed to get up. I want to at least have some time to get ready for MY FIRST DAY at my new school where I can wear whatever I want!

After about 8 minutes of trying to wake myself up, I finally succeed and get up to go to the bathroom and have a shower and brush my teeth. After I have a shower and brushed my teeth I get changed into a buttoned up flannel shirt (to look smart for the teachers), Levi’s skinny denim jeans and my grey stripy socks. After I got changed I realized how hungry I was, so I ran all the way downstairs, nearly tripping over my sleeping cat who got startled “Sorry Charlie!” and then I went to the dining room.

As soon as I saw the food I didn’t even bother trying to sit down; I was that hungry. After several minutes,  I felt too full to eat anymore, so I just drank my coffee. After I drank coffee, only then did I realize that my mum was staring at me and smiling at me.

“Good morrow my mother” I said to my mum.

“Good morning to you too food monster, you know I really don’t know where you get your appetite from. You had so much food yesterday... and you always have food in your room. hmmmm. I wonder how you managed to burn your energy so fast” My mum said with a knowing look. She may be a housewife but she has a doctorate degree and it is definitely showing right now because I have a feeling that she knows that I sneaked out yesterday.

“Mum, I really don’t know, you know I just feel hungry all the time” which is very true because I eat like every time I get the chance but I somehow don’t put on weight.

 “But you’re only hungry all the time because you’re always on the longboard of yours. Let me guess, you were out last night longboarding on the middle of the road which probably caused that injury on your arm that you can barely move” she said while looking pointedly at my injured arm. DAMN. So the flannel didn't work at hiding it at all... (so much for looking smart lol)

I look at the time on my phone and I see that I have thirty minutes before school starts. The school is actually only a 10 minute walk from my house but I really don’t want to argue with my mum so I just tell her “sorry mum, I have to go, I don’t want to be late for my first day!” I quickly get up, pull my bag over my shoulders, kiss my mum on the cheeks and ran towards the door.

“Aren’t you going to wait for your sister?” my mum tells me from the dining room.

“No! she takes too long to get changed and the school is close anyway so she can probably run to school! Bye mum I love you!” I said this because it is true, my sister takes awfully long to get changed.

After I talk to my mum across the house I finally put on my grey vans slip on shoes so that I can comfortably longboard to school. And where is my longboard? Inside the car of some hot blonde who lives across the street.

I cross the road and ring the gate bell, nearly a second later I see Cole get out of the house with his longboard and on his phone talking to someone.

“All right babe I’ll be there in 5” I heard him saying to the person on the other side of the phone.

“Hey Cole, Is Ashley in?”

“Hey Kaye, she’s still in the house putting her shoes on. Just wait here and she’ll be out in a second. I have to go pick up my girlfriend” Cole says while opening his car door and getting in.