Chapter 17 - Do you dare?

DISCLAIMER - THIS CHAPTER IS LONGER THAN USUAL, TO MAKE UP FOR THE TIME I HAVEN'T UPDATED. THIS HAS NOT BEEN GRAMMAR/SPELL CHECKED.

The weekend following the [intended] accidental bump and the somewhat reconcilation between Kaye and Ashley, there was a party, a big one. It was to be held at the Adams household. The reason for this party, well none really, just wild youths, chasing thrill... and also because the older Pierce were missing in action and out on a business trip, yet again.

The fact that the party was to be held at the Adams' meant that it would be just a 30 second walk from Kaye's own house and Kaye could easily go, however, she tries to refuse the invite as she doesn't want to make a drunken mistake, especially now that she actually cares about someone. But because she is part of the Adams' circle of friends, it was inevitable that she would go, and also because Cassie has been very good at convincing her about anything that involves Ashley. This might also be a good thing, as she would be able to look out for Ashley.

And so Kaye found herself being followed around by Cassie in her own house, a few hours before, just to make sure that she go to the party.

"Cassie, I already told you that I'm going" Kaye said with a sigh

"Doesn't matter, I need to make sure that you're definitely going" 

"More like avoiding responsibilities" Kaye says in a low tone, in a louder voice she says "Don't you need to go accompany Cole and help him with getting the house ready for the party"

"Well..." Cassie trails off  "Never mind that. Besides, don't you want to bond?"

"Cassie. You've literally stuck yourself to me ever since I confirmed your suspicions. I'm pretty sure we've done more bonding than we need to" ... "And I think your boyfriend and your best friend is starting to notice" Kaye says as she walks out of the kitchen, leaving Cassie.

"Alright. Whatever. I'm going to go bond with my boyfriend now, since all I've been bonding is with you. You better come to the party!" Cassie yells as she walks out the front door. With that, Kaye feels at ease and lands heavily on the couch.

Kaye grabs the remote and mindlessly watches TV...until she falls asleep.

-

"Are you sure you're okay?" Ashley asks Cassie, for the umpteenth time. Ashley has been asking the question for days now, it started right around the time Cassie started spending more time with Kaye than her. Ashley would've been okay with it if Cassie just told her what was going on, but Cassie hadn't said anything and now she was getting annoyed and a little curious as to what the hell Cassie can talk about with Kaye, that she can't talk about with her.

Cassie grabs Ashley's shoulders firmly and says "Ashley, I'm fine. Now, stop asking me and bring these to the table" Cassie hands over a six pack and a pack of red solo cups.

While the girls were busy preparing the necessary things for a party, the guys were busy moving around furniture to create as much space in the house.

An hour later, the party was about to start. Cassie was about ready to storm to the house across the road, when her boyfriend grabbed her by the arm and dragged her to god knows where.

In the house, across the road, Kaye was... still napping. Not really a bid surprise sice she has not had a wink of sleep since the day before, because she stayed up all night watching A TV series, called "Faking it".

That was until, the endless vibration of her phone in her pocket disturbed her peaceful napping.

"Hello" She said with a croaky voice, already knowing who it was on the phone.