Chapter 2 - First Impressions

Chapter 2

Ashley’s POV

Oh no. Why didn’t anyone wake me up??? It’s nearly eleven! I was supposed to wake up early today so that I can enjoy the last day of the holidays and go shopping with my friends. Now I have less time to enjoy it. AAARRRGGGGGHHHH!!!..... okay calm down Ashley, you still have an hour. Calm down. Breathe in….breathe out.

After I calmed down, I collected the things I needed and went to the bathroom to have a shower which is really annoying since I don’t have a bathroom in my room and the bathroom is right at the end of the hallway and my bedroom is on the other end of the hallway. After I had a shower and brushed my teeth I walked out of the bathroom in only a towel because I forgot to bring my lotion with me and it’s a must that I put lotion on before I put any clothing on, well except for underwear of course.

As I closed the bathroom door and turned around to walk to my room I could hear footsteps nearing the top of the staircase, obviously I just thought it was just my mum so I just kept walking at the same pace BUT as the person finally reached the top of the staircase I could see that it was a stranger – a hot stranger. Regardless of the fact that she was hot I screamed and panicked which made my towel fall off –thank god for the underwear. I panicked some more and put the towel back on which finally made her wide (lustful?) eyes avert from my now towel clad body then she covered her eyes and panicked too.

“Ohmygosh. I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry.” The girl said with a yummy british accent while still covering her eyes and turning around.

“WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!?!” I said to the stranger while picking up a vase from the hallway table just to make sure that I’m not entirely defenceless just in case she tries to do something.

She’s now turned around to face me but she’s still covering her eyes “Um. I’m your new neighbour from across the street, my name’s Kaye. I’m really sorry, I really didn’t mean to see you like….that…… you’re Ashley right?” Kaye said now without her hand covering her eyes but not looking at me.

“Yeah….” I said suspiciously.

I wasn’t very convinced, but before I could interrogate her more my mum said from the bottom of the stairs “Ashley are you ok? I heard screaming”

“I’m fine mum, I just panicked a little because I saw Kaye, who I was NOT introduced to and thought that she was like a thief or something” I said saying from the hallway while looking at Kaye who was looking at the VERY interesting wall.

“Oh alright then well you should come down soon, lunch is nearly ready and Kaye’s family is having lunch with us” My mum said while walking away, knowing that Kaye is not a thief I put the vase back down on the hallway table.

“Alright” I said knowing that I wouldn’t be having lunch here because I’m going to meet up with some of my friends to eat lunch with them instead and go shopping.

“Um Kaye?” I asked

“Yeah?” she said while still observing the wall with her hands in her skinny jeans.