Daniel unexpectedly pauses, and so do I. We look at each other with wide eyes unsure what to say now we're on the spot. Although it would be wonderful to be prepared, my heart says I don't want to know. "Team yellow?" I ask nervously.

Daniel's face breaks into an enormous smile, exposing his dimples. "Team yellow." He repeats before kissing my forehead. "No, thank you, Dr. Isaac. I think we would like to keep the surprise until we meet them in person."

"My lips are sealed." Dr. Isaac grins. "Please make the next appointment on the way out... four weeks."

****

Once we are back at home, I sit hunched over my handwritten list of pros and cons of both houses. The pros for both houses well outweigh the cons.

Daniel reaches across the dining table and takes the list from my fingers. "How long are these lists?" He laughs mischievously. "I swear nothing has really changed since the first list you wrote last night... you've just moved things around!"

"Shut up!" I bob my tongue out at him while reaching for the list, knowing he's right. Daniel effortlessly holds it away from my grip. "This is the biggest decision of our lives!"

"Lizzie, sweetheart! You need to stop working yourself up. It's not good for the babies. The biggest decision you ever made was finally agreeing to go on a date with me... with the exception of our children, everything after is just the small print." Daniel gently takes my chin in his hand, lifting it up so he can kiss me. "Tomorrow, we go back to both houses and then we see how we feel. OK? No pressure!"

I nod, leaning forward to kiss him again. This time his tongue grazes across my lower lip making me groan.

"As much as I'd love to have you right now, Oscar and Harriet will be here any minute." As if on command, the door knocks.

"Eurgh!" I moan dramatically. "I have needs, you know!"

"I think the whole street knows you have needs!" He winks devilishly before he bites the soft spot between my shoulder and my neck. Daniel playfully slaps my backside before he turns away from me. "Now, control yourself woman... I know you find me irresistible!"

Before I can respond with a sarcastic comment, he strides to the front door and warmly greets Oscar and Harriet.

With flushed cheeks, I make my way into the hallway. "Hi guys."

"Look at you, Lizzie! You look beautiful!" Harriet says as we embrace.

"Shit, Lizzie! Daniel wasn't joking... you're huge already!" He chuckles with an alarmed expression before I playfully swat his arm.

"Dinner should be ready in around half an hour. So, who wants a drink?" I ask turning back towards the kitchen. I reach into the wine cooler, and hold up a bottle of champagne. I also fetch two bottles of beer out of the fridge. Daniel kisses my temple before taking them from me, and handing one to Oscar.

"Oh, God! Yes please." Harriett responds while I open the bottle of champagne and begin to pour her a glass. "Isn't it killing you not drinking?" She asks as I place her glass before her.

"Erm..." I think carefully, and realise that no, I haven't particularly missed drinking. "Not really to be honest. I think because I know why I'm doing it. I've tried dry January in the past and lasted about three days, but this is so different." I can't help but grin while I poor myself an apple juice.

"I'm not sure I could... nine whole months!" Harriet grimaces painfully. "Anyway, how are things with you two? I hear the house hunt is going well?"

"Oh, Harriet. How did you adjust to the budget?" I whisper so the boys can't hear from over by the dining table.

"Honey... you just have to! I guess I just saw it as part of who Oscar is and that if I wanted things to progress between us then I had to accept that he could earn in a day what I could ever hope to earn in a year!" She steps forward and supportively rubs my arm. "Why? Is that what you're struggling with?" She's so close in front of me that the boys begin to watch us talk.

I nod. "Yeah, among other things!"

"What are you two gossiping about?" Oscar asks with a devious smirk.

"Nothing that concerns you two!" She chuckles, but leans into his arms

As they embrace, I notice the gold rings on both of their left hands. Shrieking excitedly, I grab hold of Daniel's arm. He looks at me like I've suddenly lost my mind. "Are you two married?" My voice is little more than a squeak. Daniel's eyes open wide in shock when he too notices the gold rings.

"Yes!" Harriet screams, making me scream and then do a little dance on the spot.

I practically lunge at her to give her a tight hug. "Where? When? Why didn't you tell us?"

She releases me, and I see Daniel and Oscar hug each other before Daniel slaps him affectionately on the back. We swap to allow me to kiss Oscar on the cheek while Daniel does the same with Harriet.

"We got married the day after your party in New York, so about a month ago now! Just us, with my agent and publicist as witnesses!" Harriet's smile is so wide, it covers most of her face.

"You sly fuckers! Why didn't you say? We could have stayed an extra day!" Daniel shakes his head in disbelief.

"Mate... we didn't know ourselves until after you'd left. Honestly though... we were talking about you two when we decided!" Oscar's tone becomes serious.

"Us?" I ask with my voice full of concern.

"Yeah... just what you've been through, what's happened to you and somehow you're stronger than ever! We agreed that you don't know what's round the corner or what could happen... all I know is I want to be with Harriet for the rest of my life! So, we got out of bed, flew to Las Vegas and got married!" Oscar kisses Harriet and my heart melts at the sight of how happy they are.

I cover my mouth with my hands, and desperately fight the tears that threaten to fall. "Please tell me it was an Elvis wedding?"

They both look at each other before bursting out laughing. "Yep!"

"You have to show us the photographs!" Daniel bellows with laughter as he pours two full glasses of champagne, followed by one for me with a small amount in the bottom. "Just to toast with." He whispers into my hair before returning his attention to our friends. "To Oscar and Harriet! Here is to a lifetime of happiness, health and love!"

-

Hey guys!

Happy new year 🎉

I'm so sorry for the slow updates, but I've had a lot on my plate! I promise I'll be back to updating more often and will be catching up with all of my reading too.

What did you think of this chapter?

I hope you enjoyed it and I would love to hear what you think.

Thank you for sticking with me and please tick the little star too. Love T x -