Chapter 36

"I love you." Daniel's words are heartfelt over our FaceTime conversation while he sits in his trailer on the film set. His departure way before five o'clock this morning does nothing to dampen the excitement on his face. I, on the other hand just grunted at him as he left, much to his amusement.

"I love you too. I hope you're enjoying being back on set." I lean in close so I can see his longer hair one final time before it's cut off later today in readiness for him to return to his favourite role as Detective Walker.

Daniel must know what I am doing because he runs his hands through his waves. "It'll grow back in no time if you prefer it longer."

I feel my cheeks redden a little. "I'm just so used to it longer now, it'll be strange seeing it short. I'm sure I'll get used to it short again in no time." I bite my lip at the thought of Daniel dressed in Detective Walker's iconic leather jacket... looking all rough, bruised and ragged.

"Still want me to bring the jacket home?" He asks mischievously while wiggling his eyebrows.

Licking my lips to compose myself, I nod. "Yes please." I say quietly before Daniel chuckles in response.

"Who am I to deny a pregnant woman!" Daniel exclaims with a loud laugh.

The security screens installed in every room of our London home chime to indicate someone is at the gates. "I think Caroline and Sarah are here." Standing up, I look at the screen to see Sarah and Caroline pulling faces at the camera. I giggle while I turn my phone to show Daniel my best friends silly faces, making him bellow with laughter. Buzzing them in, I watch on the camera as the gates swing open. Caroline drives through before they close behind her.

"You excited about choosing your dress this afternoon?" Daniel asks, suddenly serious.

"Yeah, I am." Answering honestly, a smile spreads across my face. "I cannot wait to see what Robin has in mind for everything, she's so gifted."

"Robin will definitely be able to handle my Mom too." Daniel returns my smile, but it quickly falters. "You sure us getting married at the hotel Mom found is definitely what you want? It's just you've shown more excitement over Robin's potential ideas than the venue?"

In the second I pause to respond, my mind whirls at a thousand miles an hour. Sitting up straight in the chair, I know this is my chance to find out whether a big wedding is really what Daniel wants. "Look, it's beautiful... I mean anyone would be lucky to get married there-"

"I sense there is a but coming." His jaw sets into a firm line in readiness for what I have to say.

"However-"

"That's just a fancy but." He teases playfully.

Come on Lizzie, I silently chant to myself. "However-" I repeat. "I feel like-" a loud knock sounds on Daniel's trailer door, cutting off my words.

I watch on the screen as Daniel's attention is drawn to the door. I can't quite hear what is being said to him, but he nods in understanding. "Will be right there." He smiles warmly to whoever has entered the trailer. "Lizzie... can you hold that thought and we will talk properly later, OK? I won't be late home as there is no actual filming today. It's just the director is waiting to speak to me."

Keeping the disappointment from my face, I quickly realise that the conversation we were about to have is one that should be in person when there are no distractions, not over FaceTime. "Of course, we will talk it through this evening. I hope you have a wonderful afternoon. I love you."

"I hope you have a lovely afternoon too, and I know whatever dress you choose, you will look perfect. I love you. See you later." He ends the call, and the screen returns to normal.