Chapter 52

Leaning into Daniel as he catches up on the football feels like heaven. My body practically melts into him, every muscle is so relaxed as though he is a giant security blanket.

That is until his team misses a 'sitter' and he jumps up so quickly before swinging his fist animatedly through the air. "Come on! My Nan could have scored from there with her fucking eyes closed!" He shouts at the screen like they can hear him.

For the second half of the match I retreat to our bedroom to unpack and then repack my hospital case. Despite the fact I have a written list of everything, and the same list on my phone, I still feel the need to repeatedly check everything is still there. Like someone might have taken out all of the nappies in the three hours since I last checked. Even I roll my eyes at myself, aware that I'm being ridiculous. But somehow it makes me feel better to check.

"Is everything still in there?" Daniel asks with his voice laced with sarcasm.

"Did you win?" I ignore his question.

"No." He answers simply with a pout.

"Shame." I mutter with the same sarcasm.

He sits down on our bed, and lifts up one of the matching white baby grows with the embroidered rocking horse on the front that Harrison bought for us. "I can't believe we're going to have two little people that fit into these."

I sit down on the opposite side of my hospital case. "I know! Just over a week of trying to keep them in, and then they can come anytime they're ready! But, I'll probably go over like Caroline after all this fuss!"

"I don't want to go back to Italy tomorrow." He sighs before he refolds the baby grow and places it on top of the case.

"It's the last time you will be there until after the babies are born. We just need to get through it, and we will, because we have each other." I reach across the case to take his hand, and squeeze it gently.

"I love you." He grins. "Do you have the energy for a spot of shopping? We could buy something for Lily, and then have a little look for our babies too?"

I nod enthusiastically. "That sounds perfect. We're meeting Sarah and Ben for dinner later too."

"I remembered. It'll be great to catch up with them. I can't believe we're going to be Lily's godparents, Jeremy couldn't even get his words out when he asked me." He stands, and then walks into his dressing area. I watch as he removes his T-shirt to replace it with a knitted navy jumper. His sculpted body still causes my nerves to tingle which makes me grin to myself.

After we have chosen some gifts for Lily, we then look for our own babies. Daniel's eyes wander across both the boy and the girls sections, but he refrains from physically looking. Instead he chooses to stay within the unisex range. I, on the other hand, take my time in both the boys and the girls sections of the store. It's the first time in my entire pregnancy that I've regretted not finding out, but I'm glad we do not have long to wait.

"Lizzie." I turn to see Daniel excitingly  holding up two hooded bath towels. One is a yellow duck with a baby duck's face for the hood, and the other is a grey rabbit with a baby rabbit's face for the hood. "These are adorable!" He beams happily causing my heart to melt at his sweet reaction. "I want them!"

We leave the store armed with bags to meet Sarah and Ben at a restaurant that they have chosen. Daniel swiftly parks his Jaguar into an available space before he looks over to me. He reaches across, lovingly cups my chin and then pulls me towards his waiting lips. The kiss is soft at first, but my hormones kick in as my tongue parts his lips. I'm immediately even more turned on when he groans into my mouth, meeting my passion willingly.