↠ 52

Hoseok felt his throat go dry. He had witnessed his friend. His brother. His pack member. With a surge of adrenaline, he pounced on the one leech that had pushed him. His teeth sunk into the crystal like skin of the neck and in one fluid motion, ripped its head off.

Without thinking, he placed weight on his injured ankle and flinched. He knew it was broken. He bared his teeth at the other one now until there was a flash and Yuto completely tore off its head. His red eyes glanced at Hoseok and he neared the edge of the slope. "Should we go down there?"

Hobi looked down seeing the motionless black wolf. "Yoongi?" There was no response and that made his fur prickle in fear. "Please get up Yoongi. At least answer me!" He snapped, worey clearly lacing in his thoughts. He could feel the other members' thoughts start to get worried.

Then there was faint movement from the black wolf. Yoongi barely lifted up his head. "Can you calm down?"

The light brown wolf let out a huff. "At least you're not dead. I'll send Jin over to help you-"

"No." Yoongi used his authoritative voice that even made Hobi flinch. Yuto already disappeared to help out Jungkook who was trying to take on five of them. "Get back to fighting and I'll join you in a bit." He was starting to get up now.

Hoseok huffed in annoyance but followed his command. Soon his ankle should be healed. If another vampire doesn't notice and break it again. Using three legs, he pushed himself and got back into the fight.

The pack were now down to four including the head vampire. Yoongi managed to get back into the fight but had Jimin watching over him. He only managed to kill two despite his condition. Hoseok was fairly doing better. Although, his ankle got broken again when a vampire snapped it again. It was going to take a lot more time to heal.

Red eyes clashed with the wolves' eyes. Only the pair of three went down to their knees accepting their fate. In quick motions, Seokjin and Jungkook took care of them. The head vampire gritted his teeth in obvious distress. Yuto glared at him, feeling his anger rising up. The head vampire sent him a glance. "I still don't understand why you would betray me."

"You killed my little brother." Yuto snapped, clearly remembering the day. He didn't get there in time once the message was sent. It destroyed him.

"He was weak. He couldn't even kill a human!" The head vampire argued back. "How could I let him live when he can't even kill?"

The wolves felt empathy for the vampire. He looked like he wanted to break down at the mention of his brother. Maybe he wasn't that bad at all. As the head vampire kept his focus on Yuto, Jungkook inched behind him and pounced on him.

And that was a bad decision.

In great reaction time, the leech dodged out of the way and kicked the youngest with enough force to send him flying all the way to the treeline. "You think you can kill me?!" He snapped. "I've lived for two centuries and killed lots of your kind!"

Jimin tried his luck now. He charged at him but the angry vampire locked his arms around the gray wolf's neck. An angry growl ripped through Taehyung that caused Seokjin to worriedly glance at him. Now the gray wolf with socks never really liked killing vampires but he was beyond pissed. And so Taehyung made his way and actually managed to get hold of his shoulder. Everyone's hearts jumped at the thought that they finally had him.

Sadly, the excitement died down in an instant when Jimin was let go and Taehyung was punched in the face. Seokjin stepped up and the red eyes followed his movements. The white wolf went in a circle and once his passed the dark gray wolf, Namjoon attacked. He leaped forward, jaws open wide but was caught by the leech. His hands pried Namjoon's jaw open and kept him a good distance away. "You're all making me pissed off, you know?" The vampire hissed and Jin made a quick dive for the leech. Except, the vampire let go of the Alpha and dodged away again only to be met with Yuto. The two vampires were a slight blur to the werewolves.

Until Yuto was pinned down by the vampire. "All of you are idiots! You don't think I learned during all those years to kill all of you?!" He hissed and his hand aimed for Yuto's neck, but luckily Yuto moved downwards and that brought a heavy punch to his face. With the force of the vampire punching his face, it created a jagged line across from his left eyebrow to top of his lips. Yuto caught his breath in his throat as his face immediately started to heal itself.

Hoseok jumped on him and together they tumbled away and the moment they broke free, Yoongi made his move. Unfortunately, the head vampire didn't notice that he was right by the black wolf when he landed and Yoongi clamped his jaws onto the back of his neck. He was aiming for the head but felt some pain when he did and so he went with the next available option.

At once, Jungkook dived to aim for one of his arms with Jimin quickly catching on and holding down the other side. The creature started to flail his body around but that only made the wolves' teeth sink into his crystal like skin. In an instant the wolves surrounded them and with a wide grin on his face, Yuto stepped up. The jagged line on his face mostly healed but was patching itself up on his cheek.

The wolves let him as the blond vampire wrapped his hands around the neck. Thanks to Yoongi's hold on it, Yuto used all his strength and ripped his head away. There were no final words from the head vampire; only a gasp as his head was tossed away.