Chapter 31

Third POV

The entirety of the Ravenclaw Common Room is decked out in the colors blue and bronze, Perseus did like the color blue but to him it was just a bit much. He glanced around the room, taking in as much as possible. His eyes were drawn to the extensive book collection that was in the Common Room (Is that what it's called, he thought, I will have to pay better attention to people when they speak). He tried to read the titles, hoping that some poetry that his mother used to read would be there, but he was too far away to see them clearly. The Head Boy and Girl both stood at the front, close to two staircases leading in opposite directions. The First Years stood directly in front of them while Perseus stayed near Luna.

The Head Boy spoke first. "This is our Common Room. Here we do homework, study, read, and hang out. These two stair cases lead to the dorms. The left leads to the girls dormitories and the right goes to the boys. There is a spell in place that prevents the boys from entering the girls dorms and the girls from entering the boys. On each door is a small plaque with four names, the one with your name on it is the room you will be staying in. You will see that all of your stuff is in your room.

Our Head of House is Professor Flitwick, he teaches Charms and will not give you special treatment due to your House."

"Normally Professor Flitwick would give you this speech but all the professors are in a meeting with the Headmaster right now." The Head Girl explained. "So I will be giving his speech in his absence. Welcome to the House of Ravenclaw, this will be your home for the next seven years. We are united by our wit and and our wisdom. Though we are known as the 'smart people'. Being smart is not what makes a Ravenclaw a Ravenclaw.

Ravenclaw is not based on how smart you are. Each and everyone of you has a different kind of knowledge and it is how you use that knowledge that makes you a Ravenclaw. Your drive for knowledge has placed you in this noble house, and it is expected for you to uphold the honor of this house.

There are rules, break them and you will be punished, follow them and the house will be rewarded as one with House Points. If we have the most House Points at the end of the year then Ravenclaw would win the House Cup.

Though we are the house of wisdom, it is not expected of you to have amazing grades. In fact it is quite all right if you don't, not all wisdom can be found in studying." She smiled as a couple of First Years let out a sigh if relief. "As our founder, Lady Rowena Ravenclaw, once brilliantly stated 'Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure'.

Tomorrow morning all of the First Years will wait here in the Common Room for Darius - the Head Boy - and myself to walk you to breakfast. Stragglers will be expected to find a way to breakfast in time to get their schedule. Now, off to bed."

Ravenclaws started to drift up stairs to find their new room. Soon only the older students remained. Perseus waited for the rush of kids to pass - he also wanted to speak to Luna some more but he rationed that he just didn't want to sit by himself while waiting.

He and Luna sat comfortably on the sofa, μαγεία sitting between them. They sat in silence, the fire crackled and μαγεία started to doze off. Perseus started at the fire, he was contemplating whether it was a good idea to go to Hogwarts, especially considering that he was directly related to one of the vilest monsters threatening their world.

Luna's shifting snapped him out of his reverie. She cleared her throat, lightly petting μαγεία as she spoke. "I saw you glancing at the bookshelf earlier, may I ask what kind of books you were searching for?"

"Poetry, well a specific author actually," he swallowed the lump that was forming in his throat, "she was my mother's favorite author."

Luna placed a hand on his arm, somehow comforting him greatly with a small gesture. Perseus looked down at the hand touching him before looking up to give her a small smile. "I didn't see any, but perhaps there will be some in the school library."