Chapter 18

I've decided that my work can wait and I should give you guys another chapter to make up for not updating in so long. Side note, THIS STORY IS NUMBER ONE!!!! Enjoy, I was up for hours writing this!!!

Percy POV

Ginny opened the door and walked in. I, once again, held the door for Luna before walking in myself. Ginny walked up to the counter spoke to the bored looking girl behind the counter, "I'll have a Rasberry ice cream."

The girl nodded and Ginny turned to look at us, "What do you guys want?"

The girl behind the counter turned to take my order and suddenly looked a lot less bored, "I'll take a Strawberry ice cream."

She nodded again before turning to Luna, bored once again, "Hmmm, I can't decide, Perseus would you help me choose?"

I nodded my head at Luna, "Well the Rasberry and Chocolate sounds good, but so does the Banana and Chocolate."

Luna smiled slightly, "I'm not very fond of Rasberrys so I'll take the Banana and Chocolate ice cream please."

The girl gave our to her co-worker before telling us our total, "That'll be two Sickles and twelve Knuts."

Ginny reaches for her money but I had beat her to it and slammed my money on the counter. Ginny looked slightly upset, "PJ, I could've paid. I have money."

I shrugged as I accepted my change from the girl, "But I paid first."

Ginny just sighed and went to grab her ice cream. Luna and I grabbed ours and followed Ginny to a table that was outside. Once we were all sitting, I asked the question that was on my mind, "So, Luna mentioned something about a familiar, but what is a familiar?"

Ginny was to busy eating her ice cream so Luna anwered, "A familiar is an animal or animals that are deeply connected to a wizard or witch. Not every wizard or witch has a familiar. It depends on your power, the more powerful you are the more familiars you have. The most anyone has ever had were two, and that's because it's also extremely difficult to find a familiar. It is normally by chance that once happens upon a familiar.

Familiars can be any species of animal. Any type of non-magical or magical animal can be a familiar. However, if the animal is non-magical, like a cat, then once they have bonded with their wizard or witch they will have unlocked some power. If the animal is magical then they will most likely already have power of their own. Once bonded the familiar and witch or wizard will be able to speak in each other's minds, feel the others emotions, and even sense when the other is in danger."

While she was talking we all gradually ate our ice cream, though Luna did it between sentences, until they were gone. We stood up and headed to get my pet, "Do you guys think I'll find a familiar here?"

Ginny just shrugged while Luna gave a knowing smile, "Anything is possible Perseus."

After a long and painfully boring three minute walk, we finally made it to a shop called Magical Menagerie. As soon as Ginny opened the door I wanted to leave. The shop was full of noise such as snarling, hissing, growls, and my absolute favorite, screeching. Not to mention the terrible smells.

I haven't even stepped through the door and I turned around, "I don't want to go in there."

I started to walk away but Luna grabbed my arm and started dragging me back, not very well considering I'm stronger than her, "You're going in there. What if your familiar is in there and you just walk away?"