August Rush entry for "Counting Stars: Author Games" by @CrimsonSilhouettes

the thrilling sequel to CrimsonSilhouette's The 70th Hunger Games, taking place nearly six years later. I've brought back August, Victor of the 70th, and his little adopted sister Angel for this next game. CrimsonSilhouettes hosts amazing, fun games and I always enjoy them from her. She's also given me some ideas and pointers for my games, we're real close. I definitely recommend joining Counting Stars. You won't regret it. They're still open if anyone is looking to join a game.

Name: August Rush

District You're Mentoring: 8, Textiles.

Appearance: Soft brown hair; blue-grey eyes; the most adorable smile you've ever seen; dimpled cheeks; pale-ish complexion; about 5'10"; not very muscled, but he does workout with the other mentors in the Training Center.

Personality: funny; kind; cunning; sharp-witted since his games; friendly to even the other tributes, whom he pities; out-going; cares deeply for family, even if his is only a make-shift one; humble; willing to do anything to save those he loves.

Extra: He was an orphan from birth, living in a crummy old warehouse for an orphanage. There he met a wonderful little girl named Angel, who was dying of cancer. She became his only friend, and inspiration as he was Reaped into the Hunger Games the following evening. He was distraught; not only would he be leaving Angel to possibly die alone, but he was only twelve at the time, certainly he was not ready for the games. But with his alliance backing him, he managed to survive until the end, making only one single kill to be the Victor. When he got back home he sought Angel out, and found her being cared for in a cancer ward. She was later adopted by the thirteen year old, after learning she had beaten the cancer, and the two lived happily in the Victor Village. At fifteen August adopted another little girl from the orphanage, a nine year old who's name was Rose and had a similar back story to his and Angel's.

This year he hopes to bring home at least one of his kids, for all previous years the tributes have not come close, being the second poorest district of all thirteen, no one really cares to know how to fight. Every year they're all so timid. Perhaps this year will be different.