47: Ditched

HARRY'S POV

HYACINTH WAS PANICKING...

"Harry what is this? Why does my body feel hot but I get easily cold? Why does my head hurt so much? Why do I feel so weak? Why am I constantly coughing and sneezing? It's been three days since I fainted shouldn't I be healed already? Is it fatal? Am I going to die? Harry what-"

Her panicking got cut off by a violent fit of coughs which she covered her mouth for. I quickly went to get her a glass of water and handed it to her as she stopped coughing. She drank it down in one gulp and placed the glass on the bedside table. She turned to face me again. "Harry I dont like this, what's happening?" She asks genuinely alarmed by everything happening to her body.

I bit back a smile at her overreaction to getting sick. She seems genuinely frightened by everything going on. But then again, each sensation is new to her. She hasn't felt like this before.

"Love, I'm sorry to say your disease is fatal" I say trying my best to keep a grave and saddened face on. I take her hand grasping it tightly acting as if I'm about to cry "You wont last the month"

If she was scared before, now she was plain horrified. Her eyes went as wide as saucers. "W-What?" She stuttered in disbelief.

This is when I couldn't take it anymore and laughed out loud, almost rolling on the floor. Realizing I was joking, she glared at me. The next thing I know, a pillow planted itself into my face thrown by an aggressive Hyacinth. I still didn't stop laughing.

"Harry Hook if you think its funny, it's really not!" She shouted on the top of her lungs immediately regretting it when another coughing fit came.

I stopped laughing. I sat down beside her with my back against the head board and my feet on the bed. I pat her back comfortingly as she coughed. Just when she stopped coughing, she let out a big sneeze. I handed her the box of tissues. She took it nodding gratefully.

"Ugh" she groaned before turning to face me. "When will it ever end? First Im mortal, next thing you know, I'm sick. This is worse than the pits of Tartarus itself" she grumbled.

"Give it time and rest. Sunny boy said your new immune system isn't that strong yet" I reply referring to Apollo who was off with Hades in the library looking for books that could indicate a cure.

"My immune system isn't strong? Oh my gods is there anything this mortal body is actually capable of?" She further complained throwing her hands up in the air.

I merely looked at her not knowing how to reply to that. She obviously wasn't happy about it, I might say something wrong and tick her off. Even without the whole fire display, Hyacinth is still a terror with her temper.

She continued to speak "I really hope Dad and Apollo find a cure to this soon. Its really hard for me to stay like this"

I nodded and placed an arm around her reassuringly. "Love, you'll be fine. I know there will be a way for you to be immortal again"

She sighed sadly. "It's just not the same Harry. I look at my hands expecting to dissolve into the shadows or my hair expecting it to burn up like it used to, but... nothing. Its a big step down for me. I mean, I was a goddess then I wake up and Im just this"

I only held her tight not knowing what to say. There were no right words. She rested her head on my chest and hugged me back just as tightly and I felt her body literally deflate like a balloon in her sadness. I tried to comfort her the best that I could.

"Well, burning hair or not, you're still pretty hot" I flirted with her with my usual cheeky smirk trying to lighten up the situation. I find myself disappointed when she didnt even laugh. She just let out a small tired smile.