30: Welcome To Auradon

I WAITED EXCITEDLY FOR THEIR ARRIVAL

I had my attention on my phone, arranging Ben's schedule and all but every once and awhile I would look up hoping to see the limo that had gone to fetch Harry, his siblings, Gil, and Dizzy. The second batch of VK's to be given a new chance in Auradon. I looked up once more for what felt like the millionth time and sighed exasperatedly in disappointment when the limo was still nowhere in sight.

Mal who stood beside me, along with Ben also awaiting their arrival, looked at me with an amused look. She gave a small chuckle and I looked to her with a raised eyebrow. "What?" I said. She continued to chuckle with one hand covering her mouth then she began to speak.

"Nothing it's just slightly hilarious seeing you so excited to reunite with a certain someone" she jests in a teasing tone.

I didn't even retaliate giving a small smile of admission. Ben looks to Mal and me in slight confusion and asks "Is this about Harry?"

Mal answers his question with a mere nod of her head. The late afternoon sun beat down on us but there was a cool breeze in the air. The weather seemed as excited as I was. My heart suddenly leaps as I see the limo finally approaching. I had advised Ben against a welcoming band telling him just how awkward and embarrassing it actually felt and how more warm it would feel if familiar faces was what greeted them.

I unknowingly started to dust my dress and pat my hair in a last attempt to fix it all. It had been a month seen I've seen Harry. I just wanted to make a good impression and look perfect this next time we see each other again. I fidgeted nervously as the limo was fast approaching drawing nearer and nearer. Mal put a reassuring hand on my shoulder and I looked to her. She was smiling at me.

"Hey don't worry about it. You look great. Harry would definitely love it to see you" she reassured.

I smiled back at her in appreciation. "Thanks Mal"

Next thing I know the limo was in front of us, and it's passengers were getting off. There he was. Same old Harry. Once our eyes landed on each other we both smiled. His smile was then replaced with a smirk as he looked me up and down. He gave me a flirtatious wink and I rolled my eyes.

"Hey guys" I started to say. "Welcome to Auradon"

We gave them a full tour of the place and made sure the were settled down comfortably. They were also debriefed on the schedule of classes and opening and closing hours of certain parts of Auradon. Just my luck, Harry, Harold, and Gil's room were just across mine and Harriet roomed with me. I think Dizzie was placed in a dorm near Evie and Mal's.

I helped Harriet unpack her belongings and get settled down. She looked out and around the windows of our room looking out on Auradon. I glanced at her silent and unreadable expression. "So how do you find it so far?" I ask in an attempt of conversation.

"Find what so far?" She asked.

"Auradon" I answered.

She nonchalantly shrugged. "Well it's great except that....." She trailed off and plopped down on her bed looking around.

"Except that...?" I encouraged her to go on.

"There's so much pink prissy princesses around here"

I burst out into a laugh and so did she. When our laughter died down she said "Ugh. I really hope none of my brothers date any of those snobs. They're so whiny and bland and... Well pink"

I shook my head with a smile and said "Well Harriet not all of them are completely bad. There are also others that are different and tolerable. Like my friend Rose. She's Ben's twin. I think you'll like her"

Harriet shrugged again. "Eh. I think I can give this Rose friend of yours a chance. For Harry though, I don't think he'll date any of these snobs"

I scoffed and said "Yeah well I think you're wrong. I think he'll flirt with almost every girl he comes across with"

Harriet shook her head. "Nope I don't think so"

I turned to her in curiosity. "How are you sure of that?"

She smirks saying "Well first of all he's my brother and I have known him since diapers. And second, I think he would flirt more with a certain daughter of Hades than any other girl here. Let's face it, my brother has got the hots for ya"

I looked to her in disbelief. "Harry doesn't love me"

She rolls her eyes. "Yeah and that's totally why he likes you to be his usual target for flirting and teasing and stares at you a lot. And looks you up and down when you're all dolled up. It makes me uncomfortable it's like he's undressing you with his eyes really"

At this juncture, I feel the heat rising up to my pale cheeks. Ugh. Seriously? Goddess of death? Blushing like a kindergartner? But Harriet didn't stop there.

"It's also why he won't shut up about you and keeps muttering your name in his sleep and calls you nicknames like princess and hot and why he's been moping around like a grumpy sea crab when you first left for Auradon and walks around with this lovesick face and keeps sighing all the damn time like a broken record when you left for the second time and also-"

"Okay! Okay! Harriet! I get it! Shut up now!"

She smirks as she see me blushing like a teenager, red as a tomato. It couldn't be, could it? Did Harry really love me like I loved him? How could it be true? And how the hell could this just slip pass me? I'm the goddess of the unknown for Olympus' sake. I chewed on my lip staying on the thought that maybe, just maybe what Harriet said could be true.

Harriet then says, "You know, for a goddess of the unknown who's lived a thousand years, you sure are pretty oblivious"

I gave her a sharp glare that I bet would have incinerated a thousand souls, but Harriet being Harriet, it didn't affect her. The smirk stays on Harriet's face as a knock sounds in the door.