Chapter 23

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

After letting them know how we knew Huzaifah, Uncle Umar and the rest weren't as keen about his proposal. After Ameer, Lukmaan and Umar found out about Huzaifah's proposal, Umar had a scowl on his face and Ameer just wanted to beat Huzaifah up. Not that I'm complaining, but I'm just stuck here....in the middle of nowhere!

So I made Istikhaarah and hoped the answer was no. He is a good guy. His salaah, Quraan and etc are up to date. He just seems a bit weird. Like him starring at me. I'm just creeped out of him and I made sure they all knew that. Uncle Umar suggested Istikhaarah since he seems like an 'okayyy' kinda guy. Ya know what I mean!

I was busy sitting on my musalaah with Candyfloss on his mini musalaah. I had just finished reading Istikhaarah and had thoughts rampaging through my little messed up mind. I stroked Candyfloss's fur while continuing Zikr, with my eyelids shut, trying to calm me.

*******

"I don't like him!!!! I'll beat the hell outta him!! I'm saying NO and that's final!". His eyes were full of concern. Like he always had. I smiled. I was blessed to have an awesome elder brother who cared so much. "In fact imma be seriously mean to all those who propose to you, and imma throw bugs at them, like moths or those flying beetles you afraid of. If he screams or freaks out, it's a NO straight away without questioning him, if he remains calm and chucks it out, I know he will protect you ,but I'll still interrogate him till his dead and then I'll decide!".
I chuckled at him. He looked at me with his eyes softening at me. I moved forward from my bed to ruffle his hair and pinch his dimpled cheeks, like I always do, but he moved back. Tears ran down his cheeks making my waterworks start as well. "Don't leave!", I whispered between sobs. "Please, don't leave me!".

He smiled and shook his head. He walked towards me, bent down and kissed my forehead and cheeks, pinching them and whispered in my ear , " Remember.............I said no."

My eyes flickered open. Agh! I cried harder and scram into my pillow. It was just a dream. I shall cherish it. I miss him so much. I miss them. My family. I breathed and replayed the dream in my head, I grinned. My istikhaarah has been answered.

Jazakallah Khair/ Thanks for reading!

Hope ya enjoyed!

Any thoughts? Comments?

Do check out my other book!

Please do vote 🌟, comment, follow and share!

Keep Smiling
♥️♥️♥️