Chapter 10

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Dedicated to hijabirapunzel

The week flew by fast and before I knew it,it was Friday. I love Fridays and I miss the Fridays with my family. I had decided to ask Aunty Khadijah and her family over for lunch and supper tonight. I only have classes in the morning so I have enough time to cook.

After much convincing , Uncle Umar and Aunty Khadijah finally agreed. The familiar cool breeze from the open windows met my face once again. My tears dried quicker. I looked up towards the balcony after I was done praying fajr. I don't know how to live without them anymore. Every day when I wake up and realise the harsh truth it  feels as if a brick is being thrown at my face.

I slowly walked to the balcony with my eyes closed,letting the cool breeze calm me down and guide me. I walked onto the balcony and breathed in the fresh sent of morning dew. My hijaab flapped in the wind and the breeze travelled through every inch of my body. I relaxed under its fragile touch and opened my eyes.

My eyes met with his. His honey blackish ones found mine. Rimmed with surma as always. He always wears a kurta. It was a white one today. I guess he was walking back from the masjid. He had a tall figure,but I guess he would be a little taller than me. His shoulders would meet my mid-neck. His nose would touch my forehead. One thing for sure, he was definitely handsome.

"Astagfirullah", I mutted under my breath and looked away in shyness. As I said before ,I'm extremely shy and an introvert. I was glad I kept my hijaab on with my abayaa that I always use when I read salaah. It would have been embarrassing if he saw me in pajamas and it would have been wrong. My head was still gazed down ,looking at the millions of flowers blooming in delight.

I turned around and walked back into my room. Candyfloss was snuggled under my covers sleeping soundly,like a new born baby. I smiled at his sleeping figure. It was too cute. I ruffled his fur and went downstairs.

****

I was dreaming of candyfloss once again. I just cannot sit still and listen to a lecture for a good few minutes. Asmaa nudged me and whispered,
" Wake up sleepyhead". I ignored her and continued to fall asleep. "I don't wanna make you scared or worried but look to the left side of you",she whispered so soft as if she would break glass if she spoke any louder.

My heart started thumping in worry as I slowly looked to my side. On the right of me Asmaa sat but two spaces on the left of me....

My palms started sweating and I got panicky. I looked to my left again. I was not mistaken. The bloody harami was staring at me. I felt my nerves jumble in a twist and my heart thump louder with fright. I looked at Asmaa scared like a small child afraid of the dark. "Don't worry habibty, Asmaa will save the day. Asmaa is your only love besides Candyfloss, so don't worry this gorgeous of yours", and she pointed to herself, "will always protect you, even if it's beating the living crap outta him!".

She smiled innocently. I just love her. She's always got my back. I return the smile and try to focus on the lecture without falling asleep and dreaming of candyfloss.

***
I was back home before I knew it. I had invited Asmaa for  lunch and supper too so she came home with me. She had called her mother before we left for my house. Her mother is sweet and as motherly as she can be to me. Before Asmaa had ended the call I grabbed it and invited her parents too. They agreed after much deliberation.