Chapter 11

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

"Asmaaa!" She turned around quickly and just managed to slip out of their grip. Aunty Khadijah and Aminah started chasing us once we just shrugged at their dreaded questions. I was silently praying we get out of this mess. It was Asmaa's fault. I'm soo gonna get her!

"Phew, that was close!",I breathed in heavily as we both leaned against the shut door of my room. We dodged them and had managed to escape. "I'm gonna kill you Asmaa, because of you they are now all suspicious!", I chased her around my room trying to get her. She is faster and more lighter than me. Her footsteps are light as dried autumn leaves falling from a tree.

"Ahhh, you idiot let go of me! ...Help I'm being attacked by the Candyfloss munching monster!"
I laughed at Asmaa's weird name for me, "Seriously  Candyfloss munching monster , you couldn't come up with something better?"

I continued to punch her as I had started when I finally caught her. She grinned her famous wide grin and pushed me off the bed. I was caught completely off guard and therefore landed on the soft floor with a hard thud. She burst out laughing and I glared at her harder .

Her laughter is so laughable that I ended up laughing because of her laughter. I'm sure you guys get that. I grabbed a pillow and wacked her with full force.

We soon ended up having a pillow fight until we realised the time. We hopped of to make wudhu and read some Quraan just before the azaan goes.

After our lengthy du'aa at the end of Zuhr salaah we quietly made our way downstairs. It was awfully dead quiet and we were wondering where the two women had disappeared. They were always on about talking. We sneaked downstairs making sure we didn't awaken their hearing senses because then we would be dead.

The front door creaked open. Asmaa and I shared a look of astonishment and our gazes went back to the door. Out popped the kids, Uncle Umar and Adam back from the masjid. We slowly let go of the breath we didn't know we had been holding. Uncle Umar and Adam looked at us confused and that led to us laughing like maniacs once again.

******

We all sat comfortably outside with the soft breeze racing the clouds and the silence that over consumed us. I am guessing the food is good that is why no one is talking . We all too busy stuffing food in our mouths .

I glanced upwards and met Asmaa's gaze. She sat next to me and had nudged me. I gave her an irritated look. I finally understood why she done that when my eyes drifted across the table. All of them were  watching our every move. Except the little ones of course . Asmaa and I sat silently and awkward. This was one weird situation we've got ourselves in.

Once lunch was over everyone helped clear the table and helped ourselves to some dessert. Everyone was still silent and we were becoming paranoid.

"Excuse us", Asmaa said suddenly and pulled me along with her . "Yoh, they are killing me with the silence and the  stares", she voiced her thoughts as she shut my bed room door and made her way to my bed.

"And that's why you pulled me along with you?"

"Yeah obviously you idiot"

"Asmaaa, no . Now you're the idiot. Don't you think now they are gonna get even more suspicious?!?!"

"Yeahhhh, now that you've mentioned it!", she grinned.

I walked over to where she sat. "Thwack". I walked her on her head. This child will never use that brain of hers. She glared at me and was about to wack me back.

"I'm gonna take that lonely dessert of yours if you are too busy thinking of wacking me!", I grinned sheepishly while she grabbed her dessert.

We sat in utter silence,letting our thoughts consume the silence around us.

My thoughts drifted to them. They always do. No matter what I think of , it ends up with them. My heart , mind , body and soul is always , 24/7 , with them.  The once delicious, mouth watering dessert didn't wanna go down my throat as tears welled up and my mouth ran dry.

I left my bowl of dessert and pulled out my musalaah. I felt Asmaa's gaze burn through my back , questioning my actions, but I couldn't turn back and meet her eyes.

I prayed. Nothing or no one could stop me from speaking to my lord. I closed my eyes and focused on the beat of my heart. Everything vanished. The tears rolled down. I cried to my lord knowing that I will be answered. Help from my lord always comes. I just have to be patient.

Why was I left behind when they all were taken? Why? Only Allah knew the answer.

I felt something soft and fluffy against my foot and I knew it was Candyfloss. He always rubbed against me when I cried. He would let me cry into his fur sometimes. I picked him up from my feet and held him tightly to my chest. I wouldn't have survived all these years without him and my lord. Only they knew how I felt.

Someone grabbed me and pulled me into their arms. I knew it was Asmaa. I let her hold me as I cried into her chest. I heard her quiet sobs and that only confirmed my love for her. We sat like that for what felt like eternity.

The doors of my bedroom creaked open. I knew that they all were looking at me with sadness. I felt Aunty Khadijah's hand on my shoulder as she rubbed soothing circles on my back with her other hand.

Someone bent down in front of us and I didn't have to open my eyes to know it was Uncle Umar. He wiped my tears and I knew that he was gonna ask the that question once again.

The sound of his voice blocked my mind and heart as he asked me the long awaited, dreaded question once again.

As salamu alaikum guys!

How's it going?

I added a video from YouTube at the top. Do check it out ! I was so amazed  that a nazam existed like that. I love it!
Yeahhhh , obviously it has to do with candyfloss!

And if you haven't yet checked out my other book, "Smile it's Sunnah", please do. It will make you smile!

 It will make you smile!

Thanks for reading!

Please do vote, comment, share and follow!

Keep Smiling
♥️♥️♥️