Screams, Arguments, Sacrifice

A few hours later, we were on the road and (Y/N) still looked pale. Holding Lucy, I looked over at her and whispered,

"Baby, how're you feeling?"

"I'm fine." She responded, quickly and without emotion. Warren glanced back at us and the truck stopped, slowly.

"Damn!" Warren growled, getting out of the truck and starting,

"We gotta find gas. Let's go! (Y/N), Murphy. Look after Lucy." 

"I'm coming with you." (Y/N) protested, getting out of the truck and I got out after her, listening to her argue with Warren.

"Like hell you are! That baby needs you here."

"Warren, I'm best in the field! On runs, fighting. You know that!" 

"(Y/N)! We are NOT arguing about this! Stay. Here." 

"Fine..." 

(Y/N) leaned against the truck and huffed, glaring at the ground. Going stand next to her, I stayed quiet and Warren informed me,

"I'm gonna try to find some more formula for Lucy." Nodding, I looked at (Y/N) and the concern that filled me was immense. She was pale and her tense frame made me hesitate to talk to her.

"Cat got your tongue, Murphy? My Murphy would never be able to shut his mouth for this long." She growled, the frown on her face enough to make anyone stay silent.

"I'm worried about you, (Y/N)."

"Nothing to be worried about."

"Bullshit." 

"Murphy, just drop this."

"(Y/N), I love you and I worry about you when you look like there is an issue. Sickness or otherwise."

"What are we doing here, Murphy? A baby? Look at her! She's fucking BLUE! HOW ARE WE-"

"Keep your voice down!" 

"Murphy, how are we suppose to raise a baby? And she has whatever you were given. The Z's are attracted to her like flies to honey!" 

"...(Y/N). You're bleeding." Her nose was bleeding and she touched her nose, eyes becoming wide. Lucy began to cry and (Y/N)'s eyes rolled into the back of her head, as she passed out. 

"Fuck!" I growled, bouncing Lucy and trying to make a grab for (Y/N). I caught her before she hit the ground and the growling started. Putting (Y/N) in the truck, I closed the door and tried to get Lucy to stop crying, grabbing (Y/N)'s knife. Piking the closest Z, I ran into the woods and tried to decide what to do. 

Stopping, I put Lucy down for a moment and paced, for a moment. Looking around, I saw a house in the middle of nowhere and grabbed Lucy, knocking on the door. 

"Go away!"

"Please, I have a baby!" 

After I yelled this, a woman's voice could be heard arguing with the man and the door was flung open after. 

A gun was pointed at my face and I held one hand up, begging,

"Please, can you take her? I can't care for her on the road." The woman lit up and as she went to take Lucy from me, her husband shook his head. She frowned and argued,

"It's a baby!" After they took Lucy, they turned and got a good look at her, becoming horrified. As they were freaking out, I bit bother of them and tasked them with raising Lucy. 

I got back as (Y/N) was coming to and she stilled looked pale. Warren came back and asked, frantically,

"Where is Lucy?"

"She. . ."

"Damn it, Murphy! (Y/N)!"

(Y/N)'s eyes met mine and I began to worry, as she reached towards me. She pulled my face to her own and I could feel the heat coming off of her face. . . She didn't look better despite the sacrifices we had both made, despite the sacrifice I had just made.