Labor

We had been in that house for a few hours and (Y/N) was growing restless. She was laying down, her face holding a pained expression. Sitting at her side, I frowned at the look of discomfort on her face and leaned forward, holding her hand.

Suddenly, she sat up and gasped, making me jump.

"What is it, (Y/N)? What's wrong?" 

"Get Warren."

"What's going on?"

"My water just broke and I'm having contractions very close together, already. Get War- AH!" Standing up, I shouted downstairs for Warren and she came running upstairs, asking,

"What's wrong?"

"The baby is coming." 

"Okay. Get (Y/N)'s pants off." 

"Do you need Addy's help?"

"She's dealing with z's at the moment. They seem drawn here." 

"What? But we-"

"I know Murphy! Get (Y/N) out of those pants!" 

(Y/N) was groaning and I went over to her, unbuttoning her jeans. Pulling them off of her, Warren got between her legs and asked,

"(Y/N) how far apart are your contractions?"

"Th-Three minutes? No, two. AH!" 

"Okay. I'm going to need you to start pushing." Kneeling next to her, I grabbed her hand and she huffed, screaming. Downstairs, I could hear Addy, Cassandra, and 10k yelling at each other. 

"(Y/N) squeeze my hand. Baby, squeeze my hand." I told her, trying to comfort her and she did just that with an inhuman strength. 

"I see its head. You're doing good (Y/N), another big push."

"AHHH!"

"You're doing great, my love."

"Murphy, if anything happens-"

"Nothing is going to happen-"

"Just listen for once, you dumb idiot!"

". . . "

"If anything happens, promise me you'll do what's best for her." 

"Her?"

"I can feel that it'll be a girl- AHH!" 

"Okay, (Y/N) one more big push!" Warren shouted, as (Y/N) squeezed my hand, tighter, and she screamed, followed by the sound of the baby's cry. 

"It's a girl."

"What do you wanna name her?"

"Lucy." 

The little girl was in (Y/N)'s arms and her skin was blue. As Warren cut the umbilical cord, (Y/N)'s face turned pale and the quietness of the house began to sink in. 

Lucy was just born, she was born into this world and she made time stop. Would this be a good or bad thing. We had yet to know.