"How do you not feel it?" He retaliates taking a step towards me. I counter by taking a step backward, still wary of how possessive he seems to be over me.

"Feel what?" I glance up when I notice I have been staring at his feet. He reaches out for my face and this time I let him touch me. The back of his hand gently stroking my cheek.

"This,"

He simply leans down, gently caressing the side of my face. While he touches me, he looks down at my lips. My breathing quickens as I can't believe I'm really in this situation. Kaden has completely left my mind, and I now stand with my teacher in a bar bathroom. I bite my lip, self-conscious of his gaze. His eyes watch my every move like a hawk about to pounce on its prey.

"By the Goddess Adira, don't do that. I'm already struggling to restrain myself..." He says with a strained expression on his face.

My eyes must give away my confusion. Klayton's words are swimming in my head and I'm struggling to make sense of anything. His hand snaps away from me and his face becomes terrifying swiftly. His eyes have darkened, and he gets that same look that says, 'I could destroy you'.

I know what's coming. He is going to leave me here again with no explanation, like always. I refuse to look like a fool for the third time. I take my chance and I start backing towards the non-existent door. I see his expression change to something I have never seen... Surprise.

I turn and run.

~

I slide against my apartment door after slamming it shut. I'm tired from running, and my quick breathing suddenly turns into deep sobs. I'm not thinking straight and my head fucking hurts.

I do what any college student would do; I grab my laptop.

The time clock glows 4:27 am. I find myself on the 'drop classes' page and I hover my mouse over 'Ancient History' as I blow my nose into a Kleenex. Seeing the description bar with the professor's name makes me almost burst back into tears.

My professor saw me practically dry humping a boy in a bar bathroom; that has got to be a new one.

How on earth am I supposed to face this man for the rest of the year?

I think that maybe I'm not built for university— or maybe I'm not built for Myersdale. I decided to write an email to Klay—No.

Professor Allan.

It explains why I'm going to be dropping his class because I feel as if I owe him at least that.

Dear Professor Allan,

I regret to inform you that I have taken a further look at the course syllabus and have deemed that I really have no interest in any aspect of history. Also, I still do not understand the homework assignment about werewolves.

I have made the decision to drop your class and I am sorry for any inconvenience I have caused.

Sincerely,
Adira Hayes.

I type in frustration, unable to understand my own feelings. As soon as I hit send, I hear a knock on my door. I jump at the sound, whoever there was completely unexpected.

"Addy, are you home? It's me, Lenna!"

I scrunch my face up in silent irritation and debate actually answering the door this late. I decide that I need some space from everyone, which unfortunately includes my best friend across the hall. Lenna goes away after a minute of waiting, and then I hear a familiar ping on my laptop.

I have an email from Klayton. What is he doing up so late?

I do not think dropping my class is wise Ms.Hayes.
I would reconsider in the morning.

Instead of complaining about the assignment, maybe you should take this time to do it.

-K
ps. Go to bed.

I groan at his response, almost glaring at the words glowing from my laptop. Who does he think he is? I go back to the 'drop classes' page and click unenroll.

Perfect.

I smile in satisfaction before it is quickly wiped from my face.

REQUEST DENIED pops up on my screen.

What could possibly give this man so much power he could block me from dropping his class? It had to be him.

This new mystery and sudden confusion makes me change my plan of attack.

I want to know more. I type into the search bar:

Lycans.