Thirty, Beat Us

'you'll never make me fear you'

Mady and I are becoming increasingly, covered in blood the further we delve into the battle; I barely need spells or magic when I am fuelled by strength and it is something that I didn't realise I would possess, I don't suppose Rhydian would have access to my magic but I do think he has made me stronger.

A strength I use to rip out people's hearts and snap their heads clean off their shoulders, the fact my nice new hair is sticky with blood that has splattered over my clothes doesn't bother me like it once did.

The black coat that I had thrown over, my red shirt tucked into some black jeans have all been ruined with other people's blood, my shirt stuck to the flesh of my stomach because of everything I am being sprayed with.

Mady's sword is proving to be quite the useful weapon, whoever forged it, however long ago made sure that it could kill anything, well except me. I just seem to be the loophole to everything, so I am not that surprised that when she scrapes me accidentally my skin just heals over it.

Now that is something I could get used too. Invincibility feels amazing, I just hope it means I won't have to die anytime soon, I would much rather figure out how to have a life with the people I love. That seems a little presumptuous when we are in the middle of a war, but I feel confident in our abilities.

"From what I could find out before killing people, your lovers are in the grand ballroom. I think Edward and the asshole royals are in there, which does not constitute a happy site"

"We need to get there then" snap "and we need to do it quickly"

"I can get us there; we just need to move quickly"

"Now that I can do"

There is no clear path into a place that holds the most danger, especially when the entrance is completely blocked by people fighting. No one has any idea who I am because they are too pre-occupied with fighting for their lives and others.

For a bunch of people that are plagued with a curse that they complain about enough, they are sure as hell fighting hard to stay alive. I suppose, that even in death you can build a life and the prospect of a mate is enough to keep everyone fighting.

They are fighting so hard for King's and Queen's that are so beyond despicable that I am getting fed up of watching everyone at each other's throat for something as stupid as that. You want a mean queen? Cause I can give you that.

The anger that is coursing through me only seems to be getting stronger the more I push through; my hand is wet with blood and no matter immortality and eternal life you will always get tired at some point.

"Fucking move" I seethe, to some asshole that tries to snap my arm, grabbing his shirt I throw him into the crowd and away from the door. Which catches some people's attention, with wide eyes they stare at me, as I finally cave in and use my powers to shove everyone who is in my way from the door.

Wrestling bodies skid across the floor and I step over the dead ones with little care, I am so over these villain's using people's hope as leverage for their own sick needs. Last time I checked, villains don't win, and their egos are getting a little too much for me to bare.

"I will stay here and keep people out" Mady mutters as I reach the door, everyone's eyes off me and back onto fighting.

"Be careful" I plead.

"I am always careful" she winks, nudging me towards the door and with one last very aggravated breath before pushing the heavy doors open.

The sight I am greeted with on the other side of the door is something unexpected. The room is almost half filled with people that I do not know fighting, a quick glance around the room let's my eyes find a very trapped Rhydian who is struggling in the hold of who I assume is Benjamin, Edward standing with his sword pointed at Rhydian.