Twenty-Two, Bonded

'as one, as we should always be'

"So, what does us binding even mean?" I ask slowly from my perch on the end of Rhydian's bed trying to come to terms with everything they have just told me, Sel and Kyle look nervous, but Rhydian looks excited which is something I have not really seen before.

Our day together yesterday wasn't full of much excitement, I think I slept most of the day away in his arms but neither of us minded much because at least we were still together.

When Sel and Kyle came round this morning, look apprehensive about our current topic of conversation I have to admit that I was nervous about what it could possibly be. I don't really understand why all of a sudden, they think this is a pressing matter but I the thought of it doesn't bother me too much.

"It's like solidifying a major bond, makes us connected on a biological level, we can feel a lot of one another as long as we are able to keep are connection strong"

"Are we not already?"

"We are, this is just on a deeper level, it is different because you're a human/ witch. Where Sel and Kyle's mate bond was almost instantaneous and was completed the first time they had sex, ours is something that has to be intentional"

"Yeah, it is kind of like how Sel and I can feel each other's emotions, if we are apart for too long, we get restless and sometimes violent" Kyle explains.

"In the midst of a war? Are we sure this is a good idea?" I ask sceptically.

"See, it is just not a good idea Rhydian, I know you want to make sure she is okay, but this is just entirely the wrong time" Selena argues, she had been the most reluctant about this branch of conversation.

"Selena you know that I understand your concerns, but this is the best opportunity to do it. Evelyn and Rhydian binding will make us closer as well, it will benefit us all in the long run" Kyle reasons.

"How does it help us all?" I question, "How does Rhydian and I's bond effect yours?"

"You are connected to them; in a way I don't think we will ever understand. Binding will link us all together and in war, that is the best advantage to have, when you are bonded as vampires it makes you stronger and it is easier for you to find the other person. For vampire and human or witch bonds it is a bit different, it makes you both stronger, but it isn't shared energy and if we were apart it would affect you quicker than me"

"Why?"

"I assume it is because they didn't want any other bonds being around and most vampires would kill their mate if they weren't a vampire as it is classed as wrong and also witches created the curse, it was frowned upon to be involved with us"

"So that's why our bond is different?"

"Yeah, they connect us in the same way, but the benefits are different and then through your bond to Sel and Kyle, it will also link me to them. It won't give us power or any such like that, but it will make it easier for us to find each other"

"Can you feel me, like where I am and if I'm injured like they can?"

"I can find you, yes but I can't know for sure how much of your wellbeing I would be able to access, if or when you come into your power it might change things on your end or on both"

"But it will help all of us, even if there is a risk going into war?"

"Yeah" Selena sighs, resting her head on my shoulder as she sits next to me, "It's a risk as is everything but it could help, could make us more connected too because your linked to Rhydian who is our master"