Twelve, Complications

'i thought you didn't care for me'

My body is heavy when I wake again, and I relish in the fact that I am still surrounded by Selena and Kyle's warm bodies, but I detest that it took last night for them to do it. Clearly my emotions are still all over the place, reeling from the onslaught of them I felt last night.

I needed it though, for them to make me feel safe when I woke up this morning, despite Rhydian's reassurances I am still not entirely sure that I trust myself. I know my sleep was fitful last night from how tired I still am, but I managed to remain asleep for the entire time.

Everything changed so quickly last night, I knew something was going on, I would be stupid to ignore that fact but despite the blow out we already had about the very subject. Of course, I would be startled by any realisation we came too, but this more than anything, magic.

They didn't leave me this time thank goodness, instead of abandoning me they carried me all the way home and stayed with me all night. It possessed me last night, that feeling I would get before my concussions, seemed to overwhelm me and something that always used to feel subconscious.

It's like I'm aware of that pressure that blooms in the back of my head when I get angry sometimes, but now it feels like something in me is constantly aware of what could happen. It's nothing I can grasp at, it's just there now.

Those wild and sometimes violent thoughts I have, are just a magical spirit, right- yep. Guess that's kind of reassuring to know I'm not just a psycho who wants to stab Mady in the face with my fork, the using me as a vessel for the destruction of an entire race is less reassuring. So, it's been around for hundreds of years, and I'm twenty-one so how has it ended up in me? Am I just another vessel at the end of a long line of failures or is it finally popping up now?

Also, why didn't Adnus, Luka or maid lady drop dead at the wrath that erupted from me when Rhydian started talking about Mady. Now that, that makes no sense at all.

"If your stressing about killing us while you sleep, you can stop. You may have kicked me in the vagina multiple times, but you were fine!" I can feel them both laughing around me, vibrating against my tired body.

"Shut up," I laugh, smothering myself in Kyle's neck as she pinches my sides. "Or I will do it on purpose next time!"

"I'm serious though, you aren't going to"

"I know, I guess I do. I'm just stuck on, why me?"

"Maybe fate, that you might end up here, maybe the circumstances aren't great, but the end result might be"

"That makes sense, just, why me you know? Especially if I am supposed to kill you all or whatever that prophecy said, and now I can't actually hurt the people I'm supposed to so what now?"

Kyle presses a kiss to the top of my head, "Magic always has loopholes, our touching and caring for you is one. We didn't give you a reason to fear us specifically, and maybe that had something to do with it and you view the people that live here under Rhydian extensions of him. Mady is a new variable and she threatened something important to you, and you reacted"

"Yeah, that makes sense" I nod. "Just feels like I'm going insane"

"We aren't going anywhere E, even if you go crazy and come at us with a knife, we have your back" Sel says, her forehead resting against my bare back.

"Maybe I should go and talk to Rhydian, he seems to have some theories that I should be privy too. I don't want to make stupid decisions off of information that I may twist in my head" I sigh, pulling myself out from between their bodies.