Twenty-Five, Plans

'to do:'

Fiery sparks cover my body as I wake, sparking my veins and I notice the ache in my chest is almost completely gone, I can breathe freely for the first time in almost two weeks.

It instantly alerts me to the fact that I have Rhydian's arms around me, my head and wrist ache the more that I wake up. His arms are tight around me but as the voices around me become less muffled I realise that he isn't asleep and I'm not in bed as I had previously thought I would be.

"Well obviously I regret my decision, I regretted it the moment she walked out the door but I'm a stubborn asshole and didn't want to admit I was wrong" he's saying from above me, I now recognise that I am curled up in his lap in what is probably his office.

"She could've died" Selena argues and the sound of her worried voice breaks my heart, but I just cannot open my eyes yet, wanting to hear more of what they are saying, them yelling at Rhydian makes me smile.

"I'm aware, you forget that I care about her too. Maybe I don't show it very well, but I do" he sighs, "It almost tore me apart about what I did to her"

"She was dying! You pushing her away like that after just sealing the bond almost killed her, if not for the spirit she would have died days ago!"

"He has a point Sel, this is new to him and he isn't always going to get it right. We would've gotten her back one way or another and you know it" Kyle replies, I guess I understand his perspective after centuries of doing what is best for his people suddenly letting someone you love get involved in a war would be an adjustment.

"I know, I just can't believe what that man was going to do to her" Selena chokes out.

"And sad to say that what is coming is going to be far worse, maybe Evelyn has the power to destroy him, but it isn't controlled, and she cannot demand it. We need to build a plan that doesn't involve her powers" Rhydian sighs, caressing my arm as if knowing I am awake and internally sulking. The fact that I cannot help these people breaks my heart more than I imagined it would ever.

"We have the entirety of four regions staying here, whatever the plan is it needs to be made fast" Kyle pushes.

"We should get the others and see what they think the best course of action is" Rhydian sighs as I snuggle further into his chest.

"I'll go and get them" Kyle says, I hear his chair move as he stands and slowly peak my eyes open to see Selena get up to leave as well.

"You might've fooled them, but you didn't fool me" Rhydian chuckles, knowing my cover is broken I sit up in his arms with a scowl left on my face.

"I may have heard the explanation and forgiven you, but I am still mad and, in the mood, to punch you in the face, if it wouldn't break my hand, I would have already done it" I say to him.

"I do not blame you for that, I was a real asshole" he chuckles, moving my body so I'm straddling his lap, my legs hanging down the side of the chair.

"I would say the biggest, but I think Edward and Eddie take the cake on that" I laugh.

"I do not doubt you in the slightest, I can't believe you ended up with those people"

"Blessing and a curse I guess, at least now I know who they are"

"But still, had I known your friend had been turned I would've never sent you there, I wanted you to get away from our craziness"

"I like your craziness" I smile.

"It's something" he chuckles "Also you being Edwards daughter, is just baffling, I mean after all these years he chooses now to come and reconnect, it's weird"