Seven, Too Comfortable

'i once read that a genie will grant my three wishes, though when i am left with one i can't decide whether to leave or spend eternity with you'

The gravity of what happened yesterday didn't process until this morning, and I still don't think it has all sunk in and I feel like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. Like I can't possibly, be remembering everything that happened.

I know what happened with Sel and Kyle last night made things more complicated, blurred the boundaries of what should be right and wrong, and who knows what it could mean. I still don't understand why I have this connection with them all, but they have made it clear that it is me, I am the reason and so when we figure it out, what's to say they won't have to kill me.

I don't regret it though; I don't think I have it in me too. Now that my head is clearer, I think it was more than just the feeding that endeared me to them, the bond has created an attraction between us and that has manifested in a... physical way. It still doesn't make sense, how I can come between their mate-bond, that's what makes me worry.

I don't want to imagine what Rhydian will have to say when he finds out, if I'm honest his reaction makes me kind of nervous and only because, what if he is offended because our bond is stronger, and I still went to them. Not that I would take that bullshit of an excuse, he is the one who avoids me like I am carrying the plague or... a stake.

To be fair, if I wasn't so frustrated, I don't think I would have caved this time. If they asked again, or approached the conversation again, I would have but he was definitely the catalyst for last night.

"How are you feeling?" Sel asks, appearing behind me in the bathroom mirror, her hair perched in a loose bun atop her head. She's smiling at me, and some of the tension bleeds from me.

"I'm okay, good I think" I smile, but it still feels forced.

"You think?"

She comes around me to sit on the edge of the sink, not obstructing my view of the mirror as I run a straightener down my now just blonde hair. "Yesterday was just, a lot, I'm still processing everything"

"I couldn't imagine everything running around in your head, did you want to talk about it?"

"I'm worried... about getting in the way of you and Kyle, you guys just seem okay with the fact I am getting in between your bond even when we all know that shouldn't be possible!"

"We thought you might, and honestly we have spoken about the way this development has made us feel and do you want to know what we both said?"

"Of course," I nod eagerly.

"That we love each other, more than anything and anyone else, we can feel our bond do you know that?" I shake my head, "Most people can sense that it's there, but we can actually feel it in our chests, it's tangible too us and there is nothing we would want to do that could change that. What we feel with you isn't the same as that, you aren't attached to that you are something entirely different and we treasure that so much. You aren't another mate to that, but that doesn't mean you're in the way because you are still so important to us, just in a new way"

"So, I'm not in the way, I didn't ruin anything?"

"Of course not, E! We will protect each other over anything, and that means not doing anything to hurt each other, so if things ever change you will be the first to know"

"Thank you" I sigh, finally looking up at her but I can tell she knows there's something else on my mind, but she doesn't push.

"I'm glad you and Rhydian got a chance to spend some time together, but you were so lucky he was walking past last night, you shouldn't go wondering alone"