Chapter 36

Tracey's POV

I'm gonna have a grandchild and my son is getting married. I don't even know who this Dianne is. I'm sure she is a nice person and I trust my son's judgment but I've never met her or ever really spoke to her. It's early in the morning in England so if they are 10 hours behind it shouldn't be too late a night there I might just call Joe. I took a few rings but he eventually picked up.

T-"Hello"
D-"Hi sorry Joe's in the shower"
T-"Actually I was wondering if I could talk to you"
D-"Oh okay"
T-"Don't look so nervous it's okay, I just thought it would be nice to get to know you since you know"
D-"I'm marrying your son and carrying your grandchild"
T-"Yeah"
D-"It's been a journey, we both were nearly on our planes but both got off last minute"
T-"I suppose that's when you really knew you loved each other"
D-"Yeah I imagined it all out in my head, what would happen if I got on the plane and it was just pure misery, I just couldn't do it I needed and wanted Joe"
T-"You're going to make me cry"
D-"Sorry"
T-"No in a good way, what's your job"
D-"Urmm I was a professional dancer, I was on quite a few tv shows with it including dancing with the stars USA"
T-"Really"
D-"Yeah it's the American version of Strictly Come Dancing"
T-"That's really impressive but I thought you came from Hawaii and Australia"
D-"Oh yeah so I originally live in Oz with my parents and two brothers and we were on our way to Hawaii and our plane crashed they all unfortunately passed away so then I ended up staying on the island and being raised by a family here who I know call my parents and my not so new brother called Kale"
T-"I'm so sorry that is really tough I'm sorry I didn't mean for you to have to say all that"
D-"No it's fine it's almost programmed into me know"
T-"Yeah hows the baby"
D-"Good I think"
T-"Are you comfortable with yours and Joe's relationship and how fast it's going"
D-"Yes I love Joe and if we know we're in love there is no reason to wait"
T-"Phew that's taking a weight off my shoulders, I suppose I just don't really know how either of you is feeling because we haven't spoken how do your parents feel"
D-"They are very excited, ever since Joe laid eyes on me they have been watching him like a hawk"
T-"Do they like him"
D-"Yeah they love him they said he had great manners and seems like a very respectable man"
T-"Aww that's my boy"
D-"Yeah"
T-"Right I'll leave you be because I think I can hear joe coming out of the shower"
D-"Do you not want to talk to him"
T-"I will do tomorrow I'll leave you two alone for now"
D-"Yeah okay"
T-"Goodbye be safe and if my son is being an idiot give me a call"
D-"I will do"

Dianne and I giggled before the call ended. That made me feel a lot better.

Follow my Instagram: suggwell_city
Check out my other Joanne stories:
•Back In Time
•The Wedding Planner
•Strictly Love
•When Christmas Come To Town