Chapter 7

Joe's POV

Last night after we had danced for a bit, we stumbled down to the beach which was stunning. At night the beach was a tinted sepia, the sand was a deeper golden colour and the sea was a richer blue. The moonlight bounced off of the waves, playfully like a puppy. There was a calm and gentle breeze that swept across the beach and through the colossal leaves of the palm trees. But somehow Dianne still remained the most beautiful thing here. I've known this woman for less than two days and I already feel emotions like this towards her. Who am I kidding though she's not this woman, she's Dianne, who I thankfully bumped into at the airport. We sat down on the golden sand and admired the sea.

J-"It feels like forever ago when I bumped into at the airport"
D-"Do you mean when you took me out"
J-"Haha very funny I'm being serious though"
D-"I know it does... that's a good sign though right?"

Dianne smiled softly before turning to face the sea again and slowly resting her head on my shoulder. I shuffled closer to make it more comfortable for her neck. That gentle breeze no longer seemed like a breeze, surly a breeze isn't meant to be this cold. I noticed Dianne's arms go all goose-bumpy before she tried shuffling even closer to me. I wrapped my arm around her, my hand softly rubbing her arm, in the hope that she would feel warmer. She looked up at me and smiled before settling her head back down on my shoulder. I kissed her head lightly. Wait. Why did I do that? I always go ruin everything by being weird. I pulled away from Dianne slightly as I continued to panic, she turned around again.

D-"Joe it's okay I liked it"
J-"How did you know "
D-"I don't know, I guess I'm just a good judge of character"
J-"..."
D-"Please will you stop freaking out and hug me again, I'm cold"
J-"Of course my queen"

Dianne smiled. Her smile shined like the stars above us, the moonlight reflected off of her hazel eyes and perfectly white teeth. I smiled back, unfortunately for me, my smile is nowhere near as beautiful as Dianne's.

Follow my Instagram: suggwell_city
Check out my other Joanne stories:
•Back In Time
•The Wedding Planner
•Strictly Love