I smirked. "The dangerous kind."

* * *

As I stepped out of the suffocating atmosphere of the club and back into the reality of the world I took in a deep breath, closed my eyes, and then opened them once more. The sun had gone to rest, the moon now takes her place as the darkness covered Los Angles like a blanket.

I was always fond of the night, it hides my flaws, my imperfections, the scars burned into my flesh, the stabs of knives left behind. In the night you couldn't see a person for who they actually were, in the night everything was hidden, different, silent. The way I liked it.

"Look alive. The infamous Kingpin is leaning against his Mercedes Benz with about thirty of our soon to be friends surrounding him."

"Where?"

"Three o' clock."

I looked over my right shoulder and there he was in all his glory. "So are you ready to finally get this part of the mission over with?"

Jessie smirked. "Oh baby, you better believe it."

"Good. Follow my lead."

Without another word I strode over to the group of men, Jessie trailing slowly behind me. My demeanor radiating confidence, my hair pushed to the side, and my dress a little too short for my liking. That didn't matter though, nothing mattered as of right now, I'm on a mission, I have a purpose, and nothing is going to stop me from completing it.

As I approached the crew someone wolf whistled.

"Pretty women like you shouldn't be walking around Los Angeles alone."

"Come home with me and I'll show you a good time, baby."

"Damn ma' you sexy."

"I'll have you speaking in tongues."

"déjame golpear eso."

I ignored the comments and focused on the person I came here for, Cole Ryder. He was leaned against his fancy car looking at me with an amused expression on his face. Some of his boys tried to approach me, but Jessie stepped in front of me.

"Eso es suficiente." Cole demanded with a cool facade. Talking immediately stopped and all attention was directed to him. He glanced at Jessie. "Is there a reason why you're standing on my territory? Can I help you and your bitch with something?"

Rudeness. That was expected. The question wasn't for me, it was for Jessie but I took it upon myself to answer for him. "Actually I'm his sister, and I didn't know this parking lot had a name on it."

He looked at me, his expression cold, and lips pursed together in annoyance. Some of his crew laughed, and the rest looked like they were ready to pounce on me for disrespecting their leader.

"You want me to handle them both?" Alexander asked, looking at me with a face of disgust. Cole swatted his hand, dismissing the idea, his dark brown eyes still focused on mine.

If this was any other situation, I would have swooned If someone that attractive was staring at me, but this isn't any other situation.

"So you speak?"

"What does it sound like?"

"Just keep that up. I'll cut off your tongue, and then you won't be able to." He warned with a wicked smirk on his face.

I have to admit . . . I almost cared . . . and that scared me. Most people would have backed down, or coward away from his threats, but I'm not most people, and I'm always up for a challenge.

"Then I wouldn't be able to tell you what I heard about Frank Lucas."

At the mention of his name the atmosphere tensed. His crew was no longer laughing, instead they were looking at their leader, waiting for some type of reaction.

"Whatever you heard about Lucas has nothing to do with me." He spat out angrily.

Ladies and gentlemen I think I hit a nerve. Maybe, I should throw another punch just to see what happens.

"Oh yes it does. Especially since it's about what Frank is planing to take down De La Rose, but since you don't want to know, I won't tell you." I turned around and attempted to waltz away.

"Stop." Cole demanded. "How do you know about De La Rosa?"

I snorted. "I mean, your gang is not exactly discreet. You've been on the FBI's radar since your dad took over. Plus, De La Rosa is all everyone talks about on the streets. Everybody wants to be you guys, and those that can't, join the Steppers más mortales."

"I see you've been doing your research. Who do you work for? Frank? If he has something to say to me he can come say it to my face. He doesn't have to send his stanky bitch down here to check me."

Wow. Offensive.

"I sense bitterness." I turned to Jessie who watched quietly throughout the whole altercation. "Do you sense bitterness?"

He smirked. "I do."

I glanced at Cole again. "No. I don't work for Frank. I find his gang pathetic. They're trying to be De La Rosa so bad, but they can't."

I'm playing a game, and it's called flatter the gang leader.

"Damn straight!" One of the gang member's shouted.

"Fuck Steppers más mortales!"

"They can't compete with us."

"We'll murder the whole squad!"

Cole stared at me with an amused expression. "What is Lucas planning?"

The moment of truth is about to arrive. How good of a spy am I? Well, we're about to find out. I sucked in a sharp breath, looked at Jessie, and then turned back to Kingpin.

"To kill you."

*                                        *                                       *

A/N: Don't be a silent reader! Your voice matters! Remember to vote, comment, and add this story to your reading list.

Question: What's your favorite TV show?