Frozen corpses are creepy

Start from the beginning

"Where did he go than?"  I asked to no one in particular.

"What time was Quinn supposed to be home?" Logan asked.

"He said he'd be back home from the library before the snowstorm started," I answered, my fear only growing. "That was over two hours ago since he was supposed to be back." 

"There's almost three feet out there now," Virgil mumbled. "Maybe he got stuck somewhere?"

"He would've called or something," I said.

"Did Jackson get to him somehow?" Virgil mumbled.

"We don't know," I mumbled, a tear finally falling down my cheek.

Evan buried his face in my chest, letting out a chocked sob. I rubbed his back gently. I could tell he was terrified for Quinn.

"Are the roads drivable?" Roman asked.

"Right now they are," Logan answered. "But ice is settling over the snow right now."

"Did Quinn drive a car?" Roman asked.

"No he doesn't have one and he prefers to walk," I answered, confused as to were this was going.

"Do you know the path he takes from the library back to your house?" Roman continued.

"Yeah," I answered.

"Remy and I will meet you at the library," Roman told me. "We'll follow the path he takes home."

"That's a good idea," I mumbled. "Okay meet ya there."

~~~~magical time skip~~~~

"Is a motorcycle safe during a snowstorm?" I asked Remy.

"It's easier to drive than a car," Remy answered.

"Anyways," Roman said leaning over to my car. "What roads does Quinn take."

"Just follow me," I said. "Flash your lights if you see something."

I left the window down as I started driving slowly down the way Quinn heads home on. Remy followed behind me slowly.

I held Evan's hand tightly. He was shaking slightly, still crying a bit. I gently rubbed his knuckles with my fingers, trying to comfort him.

"Where'd he go?" Evan mumbled.

"I don't know," I whispered, another tear slipping down my cheek.

"Do you think Jackson got him?" He asked.

"I don't know but we have to hope for the best," I told him.

"What if he's hurt, or not here," Evan asked, starting to get panicky.

"Quinn is going to be okay," I told him gently. "He'll be okay."

Evan didn't say anything, just peering out the window with wide eyes. Silent tears slowly fell down his cheeks.

I don't think we would've been this worried if this was under more normal circumstances. But with Jackson running around and going after all of us, I'm terrified that we're going to find him beaten into a bloody pulp in a ditch somewhere.

"He'll be okay," Evan mumbled, reaching over and wiping all my tears away with his sweater sleeve. I hadn't even noticed I had stated crying.

"I'm scared," I admitted.

"Me too," Evan said.

We returned back to silence. Just staring around us, trying to spot anything in the snow with the car headlights.