"Say that you hate me and I will leave you alone... forever.." He whispered. I bit my lips and looked away. My grip on my dress tightened. I closed my eyes as tears rolled onto my cheeks.

"I can't..." I let out a vague voice. I can't, I love him dearly.

"So what's the problem!? You love me! I love you! Why are you punishing both of us!" He yelled getting away from me. This is the first time he said that he loved me. But, it's too late. Too much...

"I am so scared of you!" I yelled back as I began to cry. Desmond took a deep breath and put his hands in his pocket. He stood in front of me. He said in a low but vehement tone,

"I won't sign them. Never. Take this matter to court or wherever you want, but I will never sign them." He leaned in, his face was so close to mine.

"I can't live without you, Ester. I'll die without you. I love you so much. " he said as A tear fell from his eye. Pure and deep feelings surge through every word. He was so distressed. I closed my eyes and hugged my sides. I took a step back away from him and swallowed hard to stop myself from crying. I opened my eyes and gave Desmond a cold look,

" Get Out," I said coldly. I walked past him and was about to leave upstairs for my room but, Desmond held my arm and stopped me in my tracks,

"Ester please, don't leave me. Give me a chance. Please." I yanked my arm away from him and left him alone. I close the door behind me and let out a deep breath. I put my hand over my mouth so as not to cry.

_____

It's night, I am lying on my bed. I stare aimlessly at the ceiling. I close my eyes and let the darkness consume my body. I want this pain, this agony to go away.

My eyes shot open when I heard the sound of a flute. I sat up and comprehended the sound of melody; crazy in love.

I bit my cheek. I got out of bed. I looked out of the window. My eyes widened when I saw Desmond playing the flute. He looked at me and continued to play. I gave him an angry look and closed the window so as not to listen. I pulled over the curtain. I put my hand over my ear and fell on the bed.

The next day, I went to my room and heard Desmond playing the flute. I sat beside the window and listened to the harmony; My passion.

I smile to myself a little. How can he play such songs so beautifully? They pull me close to him, which I don't want. Still, The sound of melody gives me a sensation of solace. I closed my eyes and listened to it.

For the next few days, Desmond continued to play the flute outside my house. I always leave the window slightly open so I can hear it. I know I shouldn't have done that but, I am receiving what I strive to get. But, I won't change my decision. I can't bring myself to fall in that trap again. That day still haunts me when I find out about the contract. He held my hands with such affection and when I relaxed he let out all of his anger. Just remembering that day, broke my heart.

I was sitting in the garden. If I stayed home any longer it'd drive me insane. I need to fresh my mind. I decided to go to an ice cream parlor. I walked out of the house. I decided to walk there. I smiled a little as I walked. As I was walking, someone grabbed my arm. I turned and saw Desmond. My mouth gaped when I saw his usual perfect form in a complete mess. He has bags under his eyes. He looked skinnier than before. His tie was missing as his shirt had a few buttons open. His hair is messy. He looked completely devastated. He gave me a pleading look,

"Please, Ester... Listen to me..." I pulled my arm away from him. I close my hand on my chest.

"I am listening.." I said.

"Please, Give me a chance. I beg you. You are afraid of me, right? I promise I'll remove it. Please, Give me a chance."

"Don't promise things you can't fulfill," I said as I rolled my eyes from him.

"I'll remove them. Trust me. Please..." He begged again.

" 1 month," I said. I looked at him and began to say,

" If in one month, you can't remove your fears, then, you'll sign the divorce papers."

" Deal." He said as he hugged me tightly.

"Thank you so much, Ester. I promise I'll make everything right." He beams. I patted his back and pulled away.

"Let me finish," I said once again. He nodded as I continued,

"Okay, First, You won't even try to touch me. Second, I won't live in the same room as you. Third, you will never raise your voice against me." I said sternly.

"Anything for you." He smiled genuinely. I nodded as we went back.

I packed my stuff.

"Are you sure?" Father said. I nodded and went to my father.

"Do you believe in me?" I ask.

"Of course." I smiled and hugged my father.

"Believe me..." Father kissed my head as I got away and hugged mother too.

Desmond waited for me in the main hall. Father glared at Desmond. Desmond smiled widely at me as we left...