Chapter # 28

Ester, Guide me, please.

***

"Did you remember what you did to Emily?"

"What does it have to do with it?" I was dazzled. I didn't understand. What does Emily have to do with all this? With her? What I did to Emily was because she still had Ester's scar pictures with her and she was about to defile her again but this time I had no intention of making a show of her old scars so it was necessary to teach her a lesson about someone's dignity.

"I am her sister." She told me.

My eyes widened in astonishment when I heard it. Impossible. Now, I understand why she is doing this and holding a strong desire for revenge against me.

Everything becomes clear now. The reason for her to help Henry. Her Brother-In-Law. She snarled and continued.

"Because of you Emily's engagement was broken right on the day of her engagement. She loved him, they were together for 3 years. You created a misunderstanding between Emily and her fiance and did this to her. You destroyed her life. Thanks to Henry who accepted her and helped her to get out of the depression."

"You are also going to ruin Ester's life just like you ruined my sister's and I will not let you. I will help Henry to let him save Ester."

That Bastard has everyone on his side. He is swaying everyone to his side like the wind. He even manipulated her and every situation I created, he is using it in his favor.

He- wait- he is using every situation in his favor. Shit. I immediately stood up when the truck of realization hit me hard.

My breath hitched, she understood my demeanor the instant she saw me horrified and smirked to see me like this.

"Took you long enough to realize. But it was too late. Henry is going to meet Ester now." She winked and was about to leave but stopped at the door.

"Let's see how we will win in the end, Desmond la Corte." She sang and left.

I gasped and ran my hand in my hair. It's evening, I have to leave. My work here is done and so does Henry's.

This means he is on his way to meet Ester. I quickly grabbed my stuff and left in a hurry. I cannot let him manipulate Ester, She is my strength and I am very insecure about her leaving me. I cannot let this happen.

Before Henry tells Ester something ridiculous, I have to reach home.

Even though Ester knew everything but some uneasiness is lingering in my heart. Henry can sway anyone. He is terrifying.

My distressed form entered and saw Ester leaning on the column, crying while holding it tightly. I walked closer and called her breathlessly, "Ester..."

"Don't talk to me, You Murderer!" She cried out loud. My steps came to a halt when of all people, Ester called me a murderer.

My lips began to quiver, my heart skipped a beat in fright. An arrow hit me right in the chest.

"Please don't call me that.." I whispered, on the edge of a breakdown of seeing her demeanor.

"If I knew this... I would never live with you." She sobbed, lowering her head. "Knew what Ester?" I asked softly, taking a step closer. She knows everything, then why is she doing this? "Ester you know e-"

"I said shut up!" She shouted, wiping her tears.

"Don't be like this, Ester. Please. Listen to me." A tear rolled down my cheek followed by an endless stream of them, my breath becoming heavy. I began to heave a sob.

"Only if I knew..." She whispered, letting out her tears of misery. "Knew what?" I asked desperately. "Please tell me." I begged her.

"That Grace was pregnant and you left her because of this- leading it to her death ultimately." Henry's infuriated voice came from behind. My whole being stopped when I heard it. My mind froze as a horror swept across my face. My mind stopped functioning for a second. I couldn't speak, couldn't react.

"What..?" My voice came out vague. I turned to him, terrified of the information I had just gained. "No.. she wasn't." I managed to speak.

"She was!" Henry shouted. "She was and you left her because of this! She killed herself because you neglected both her and her unborn child!" Henry burst into tears while saying this. The earth cracked and swallowed me up- I want it to happen. I never knew she was pregnant. How in the world? Why did she never tell me?

Lost in the depth of ravage as I could feel the tingling sensation of pain rising in my veins and killing me from inside. I had fallen and could feel the weight of my sin crushing me terribly.

"Henry... I.. I .. never.. She never told me about.. this.. I swear.. I didn't know..I-"

"Your penitence cannot bring my sister back!" He yelled.

"No..No... I really didn't know about this. I.. am so .. sorry." I began to cry out loud. "Please believe me.. I-"

"I wish you could have died instead of her Desmond!" Henry yelled. I lowered my head in shame. My heart shattered to pieces. I was lost in the depth of darkness. The heartbreak filled me up. The blindfold of the anguish, the chains of destruction took me back to the cage I tried to break.

Not being able to bear this anymore, I fell on my knees and began to cry out loud, "I am sorry.. I am so sorry.. I didn't mean to. If I knew... I would never leave her.. I am sorry. I am so sorry."

"You broke everything Desmond... again.." Ester's voice came from behind. I turned to Ester petrified, I shivered violently.

"No. No. No. Please Ester. Believe me, I-"

"There's no point in talking anymore Desmond. Henry told me everything." My breath caught in my throat. I walked to Ester but she moved back.

"Don't." That's all she said.

"Please Ester." I cried. "Please. You promised. Stay with me." I begged. She hugged her sides and took a deep breath.

"I won't live with you-" I opened my mouth to say something but she continued, "not unless you prove your innocence to me." She declared.

"H-How?" I asked with my unstable tone.

"I don't know but I won't live with a murderer." She moved away from me and began to walk away while wiping her tears.

"Ester please.. .Listen to me.. Ester!" I called her but to no avail. I walked after her but she left with Henry leaving me in the empty house all alone with my penitence and misery.