Chapter # 9

After hearing those words filled with serenity, I finally woke up and found myself in the same bed I let my agony out. An empty expression was formed on my face when the sunlight fell on my face.

I am not burning like before. I haven't even taken my medicine and didn't expect myself to wake up, feeling this well. What happened? Shrugging my shoulders, I went down after.

"Good Morning Ma'am." Savannah greeted me. I smiled at her.

"A very good morning to you as well," I said to her.

"I am glad to see you well."

"Yeah...My fever is down a little. I'll take the medicine and will be fine in no time." I took a seat and began to have my breakfast. I am glad that Desmond has already left. I don't even want to face him. After breakfast, I took my medicine. I noticed Savannah was giving me a concerned look. It seems like she wants to say something but can't.

We went to the library. I just couldn't help but notice that look.

"Is everything alright, Savannah?" I asked.

"Yes, Ma'am. Everything is fine." She smiled as she excused herself and left. I frown at her fake smile. What's wrong with her? I began to read my book. My eyes became heavy as I read the book. Maybe I am not that good at wandering around the house. I sighed and went to my room to take some rest.

It's dinner time and my hands were cold as ice. I entered the dining hall and saw Desmond. I know I can't avoid him forever. I have to see him, sooner or later. My heart began to beat rapidly. Fright is written all over my face. I looked down and took a seat across from him.

"W-Welcome Home," I said. He didn't look at me. I looked at the table. I didn't dare to look up. The food was served. We began to eat in silence. Savannah gave me a sympathetic look. I am just so confused at her demeanor.

It's been weeks and Savannah is still acting weird. I tried to ask her but she didn't answer. Every time I try to talk to her she just shrugs it off. She's the only one in this house I can talk to. Desmond never acknowledged my existence let alone to talk to me.

I entered the library and bumped into something hard. I looked up only to meet a pair of silver gems.

"Have you become blind now?", He said rudely.

"I'm sorry.", I said monotonously and walked past him but he held my wrists. My heart began to race as he pinned me to the wall. His intimidating eyes never looked at me with affection. He always looked at me with anger or hatred. I looked at him as fear took over me, he then glared at me. He glared at me for a long time then, he gritted his teeth in annoyance and let go of me.

"You are not even worth fulfilling my desires" He mocked me. He was about to leave as I fell on the ground, "Then stop touching me!" I yelled at him.. He stopped and looked at me for a second. His eyes flicker with a hint of remorse and compassion as he continues to stare at me, "When I am so undesirable then take me out of your life!" I glared at him, "I can't!" He said sadly.

"Why?" I barely managed to whisper and lowered my head, "Why are you not loving me?" I asked.

"It'll hurt you." He whispered.

"At least try." I said, curling my hands in a fist and hiding my face in my knees, "I am willing to bear all pain."

"I am sorry, Ester. I can't." He said with his voice deluged in extreme agony and left. I grit my teeth when I hear it.

What good do your words of compassion do to me when you're going to break my soul miserably?

I remained there for a while but then I felt someone's hands patting my head lovingly. I looked up and saw Savannah.

"Are you alright?" She asked. I couldn't take it anymore. If I don't share my feelings with anyone, I'll fall apart. I know it's not a good idea to break the rules of the house but still, I couldn't bear it anymore. I hugged her and began to cry. She rubbed my back to calm me down,