BONUS CHAPTER (1): IF ETHAN LIVED...

Start from the beginning

"I...just..." she cried harder "We knew what we were getting into when we decided to have kids but sometimes...sometimes I wonder if we should have tried out homeschooling first."

"Is Momma okay Daddy?" My daughter asked, gazing at me with doe eyes.

Jesus Christ

My Daughter.

"She's fine baby" I patted her head, avoiding her cute little pigtails "Momma just has something in her eye."

My daughter grinned at me, her two front teeth missing, and I stared at her in awe.

God, if this is a dream, I'm okay with not waking up.

"Anyways," My Mate sniffled "We need to get going or else we'll be late."

"Late for what again?" I asked because, in all honesty, I had no freaking clue of what was going on.

"Kassi's Wedding" Kiera smiled "I can't believe you already forgot! You're her Man of Honor for God Sakes!"

My eyes widened "Kassi's getting married?"

"Are you feeling alright honey?" My Mate shot me a weird look "You're not normally this forgetful with such important events."

"I'm just..." I thought of an excuse "...Tired"

I yawned for added effect "Besides, it's about time Kassi decided to get married."

My Mate laughed "It's only been four years."

"Fours years too many" I remarked "Besides, I bet Rhys is ecstatic to finally be able to lock her down."

"He is" she said, walking to what I presumed was our kitchen "But you know he respected her enough to wait until after she got her degree to finally say 'I do'."

She paused and giggled "Unlike some people."

I raised an eyebrow and followed her "What did I do?"

She poked my chest and nodded towards our daughter "You knocked me up as soon as we graduated from High School"

I grinned and rubbed her belly "I just can't keep my hands off of you"

"Ethan Matthews!" she giggled, swatting my hands away "Stop causing trouble!"

I kissed her cheek, still not believing that she was real and in front of me.

"Are you and the baby okay now?" I asked after a couple minutes "I didn't mean to make you cry."

"Me and the babies are fine"

"And are they..." I trailed off, not really sure where to continue since I didn't even know the gender of my own baby "What?"

She rolled her eyes "Your boys are fine."

My eyes widened and I nearly fainted "Boys?"

She nodded slowly, giving me a look before pushing her palm to my forehead "Ethan baby, are you sure you're feeling okay?"

"I'm okay" I leaned against the wall and took a deep breath in, trying to process the fact that I am having two boys "I'm okay."

Of course, I wasn't okay.

Because one minute I was standing upright in the kitchen and the next, darkness consumed me.

I was floating in the darkness trying to find which way was up and which way was down.