F O U R T E E N

RHYS

I was sitting in my office, going through the Pack's daily reports when a guard bursted though the door in a panic

"Alpha, come quick"

I followed him quickly and he led me to the infirmary.

I glanced at him warily "What is the meaning of this?"

He shook his head "Alpha, I can't explain. Doc said it was imperative that I came to collect you"

I nodded and went inside the infirmary.

As soon as I saw who was lying on the beds, I started to get angry.

"DOC!!" I yelled for our Pack Doctor "DOCTOR COLE!!! WHERE ARE YOU?"

The Doctor came out from behind the medicine station with a strained look on his face "Hello Alpha"

"What is this?" I demanded as I saw my four friends unconscious on the hospital beds "What happened?!"

He motioned for me to come closer before picking up the left hand of the closest person to us, which happened to be Mia.

He showed me Mia's wrist and my eyes widened

She had 3 deep gashes on her wrist, gashes that should have healed already because of her full-blooded wolf genes. Not only did she have the deep gashes, she also had a patch of burned flesh under the cuts

"Who did this" I asked eerily calm. I pick up Matt's wrist and noticed he had the same gashes and burned skin as Mia.

I looked at the Doctor, my anger barely contained beneath the surface "Do they all have this?" I pointed to Everly and Shawn.

Mia, Matt, and Everly would have looked like they were sleeping if not for their pale and sweaty faces. Shawn by far, looked the worse. Since he was human, it took longer for him to heal. In all honestly, it looked like he wouldn't last through the night.

"Yes Alpha, they all have this. A Pack member saw them slumped together on the ground outside the Pack house and brought them in" he shifted on his feet "I've never seen anything like this Alpha. Not in my 37 years of experience of being the Pack Doctor"

"You have no idea what's causing this? Was there a breech? An attack?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I highly doubt it was an attack Alpha. No one would be able to take on the Beta, his mate, and the Third at the same time. It would have been a death wish"

I ran a hand through my hair "Has their families been notified?"

He nodded "They're waiting in the waiting room for you Alpha"

This time I nodded before I began pacing. Four heart monitors were beeping in a steady rhythm and I couldn't help but feel a sense of uneasiness for my best friends.

I decided that I couldn't handle this situation alone.

I needed some reinforcements

I plucked my phone from my back pocket and dialed my parents "Rhys? Honey are you okay?" She asked anxiously.

"Mom, I need you and Dad to come to the infirmary right away. It's important"

She agreed before hanging up.

I waited 10 minutes before they arrived

When they saw all four of my best friends on the beds, they tensed.