F O U R T Y - F O U R

Kassi

I glared at the old man

"What do you mean that my mother's fate was sealed the moment this guy set his sights on her?"

"Julian, David's father, has always been the man to get whatever he wanted. When he was a baby, he used to whine and whine until his parents gave him what he wanted. They gave him the world. As he grew older, that habit continued and gradually got worse"

"Until...?" I raised an eyebrow "He had to stop at some point, right? Didn't anyone put him in his place?"

"Someone did" the old man answered "For the first time in his life"

I groaned and rubbed my eyes "Mom"

He nodded "She was the first person to tell him no"

I looked at him "So you're telling me that no one in this whole entire messed up Hunter society ever told him no? Like ever?" "

He nodded

"Let me guess" I rubbed my temples "She told him no then he decided to pursue the one thing he couldn't have?"

The old man looked at me in surprise "Did your mother tell you this story before?"

"No," I sighed "That's just the most cliche thing that has ever happened"

"Sadly his obsession became worst once he found out she was Mated to the Prince of Wolves"

"What happened?"

"He started stalking her" the old man sighed "To the point where he would know exactly where she was at all times of the day"

"And you saw nothing wrong with this?" I gaped

He sighed "Hunters are very...aggressive when choosing a potential life partner. I thought he was just researching his right match"

"Researching?" I snorted "What? Was he buying a car?"

The old man ignored my comment "When I arranged for their marriage, I thought his obsession would die down but apparently I was wrong"

"Let me guess" I snarked "He became even more psycho?"

"Psycho wouldn't be the word I would use" the old man grimaced "He was an absolute terror"

"No wonder why she ran away and eloped" I muttered "Hell, I bet she would have done it anyway regardless if she met my father or not"

"You're probably right" he said

"So you're telling me that no one, not even his parents attempted to stop his behavior?"

"How could they? He was the Association President's son. Going against him would be like going against the President himself"

"WHAT!" I exclaimed "YOU ARRANGED FOR HER TO MARRY SOME EVIL CULT LEADER'S SON!"

"No one of my best choices!" He exclaimed

I started pacing

"So what now?" I looked at both of them "He's bitter because my mother didn't pick him? And thinks that's justification for him taking revenge on my whole family? I thought he moved on, you know, with his spawn and wife?"