Chapter Eighteen

PIPER MCLEAN

I slid into the driver's seat of my car, and rested my hands on the leather steering wheel. I yanked out my phone, and opened the camera app. My hair was a mess. Turning my head slightly, I noticed the earrings I was wearing. My heart tightened as I looked at the sapphire blue raindrops. Jason gave them to me on my birthday. Clenching my teeth, I pulled my hair up into a messy bun to showcase the earrings. This was going to hit him hard.

I pulled out of our massive driveway, and onto the road. The whole weekend had been rough on me. I guess my mom felt bad for destroying my heart, because my closet had been filled with leggings and comfy sweaters. But now, it was back to the tight-dresses-and-short-skirts routine.

I carefully reversed into a parking spot. As I got out, I heard someone call my name.

"PIPES!"

"Oh, hey Leo," I said, as he jogged over to me. "Where's Calypso?" Leo made a face at me, "Talking to Thalia. Why do you think I'm here with you?" He said, pulling out his phone. I smiled lightly as he scrolled through his contacts. I was labeled as "Beauty Queen" and Jason was "Idiot." Perfect. I watched as he opened his messages from Calypso. The most recent ones were really cute. Leo shut his phone off and smirked.

"Race you to Homeroom!!"

THALIA GRACE (surprise!)

"I bet you!" Piper yelled, running up to us. Leo was only inches behind her. "No fair! You cheated!" He said, panting. Piper smirked. "Charmspeak is cheating?" She asked innocently. At the word "cheating" Jason tensed beside me. Good. He deserved to feel guilt. Even as his sister, I couldn't take his side. "Jace? You good?" Reyna asked, threading her fingers through his. That's right. They're dating. Piper had taken the news coolly, just smiling, but I could tell she was hurting.

"What?" My stupid brother asked, blinking. Reyna smirked, flirtatiously. "I asked if you were okay babe." She said, rolling her eyes playfully. I threw up inside of my mouth. The two were almost worse than Percy and Annabeth, and THAT was saying a lot.

"Babe?" Leo asked confusedly.

Jason smiled lightly. "Yeah. We started dating a few days ago."

The hem of Leo's shirt caught fire.

"And you're sure that this isn't just a rebound?" He said tilting his head. "I mean, no offense Reyna, but how much did he pay you to date him?" Gods! It was at times like this when I loved Leo. Not in that sense, just in a sisterly way. Piper bit her lip, smiling. Jason suddenly pulled Reyna towards him, and started kissing her. Everyone waited with bated breath, for Piper to speak. "I'm glad you found someone who actually wants to be your girlfriend, Jace. And Reyna, honey? Watch where you put your hands, 'cause you might find yourself kissing a lamppost instead of that idiot."

I smiled at Piper as she turned on her heel, and left. Percy turned to Annabeth. "Wise Girl, what just happened?" He asked. Annabeth smirked and took his hand. "Piper just slayed."