3.15 Nadya's Codex

Start from the beginning

I was looking through the book shelves for a clue of Nadya's code

i found an address in one of the books that could help me. 

Then i called Rowena .

Rowena ""I'm over 300 years old. Beauty sleep isn't optional "

Me "I've been looking into the, uh, thing we discussed. So i got a lead but it's guarded by a violent enchantment. I need a spell to break the spell"

Rowena "The Cabirian Invocation. Easy to obtain, good all-purpose disenchantment"

Me "great, thanks"

Rowena "it works but it's not recommended for amateurs. In inexperienced hands, the invocation has a way of fizzling out. I could come. You might need me"

Me "I'll take my chances. Thanks"

At the house. 

I walked up the front porch. 

This house was a mess. 

Then i picked the lock when suddenly a gun was pointed at my crotch through the mailslit. 

Woman "Bad idea"

My eyes widened "whoa. i can explain"

Woman "yeah, don't bother. you got thee choices. get arrested, get your bits blown off, or get back"

Me "fine. I think i'll, uh, get back"

I stepped back "Sorry"

Woman "good girl"

Then i walked back to the car and got in. 

I breathed out annoyed. 

Suddenly Dean got into the passenger seat "hey, babygirl"

My jaw dropped. 

Dean "how's the case?"

Me "what are you doing here?"

Dean "Well, it looks like i, uh-i'm here to save your treasure box"

He gestured to my pants. 

I grimaced, shaking my head "don't -please- don't ever call it treasure box, please"

Dean "sorry. Look, you were right, okay? i should've have gone off solo like i did. It was stupid"

Me "you're stupid. And?"

Dean "and selfish. It was a douche move. If you're doing this case by yourself to teach me a lesson you don't have to, okay?"

Me "how did you find me?"

Dean took a piece of paper out "i took an etching off your notepad. Then i decided to take a crack at the St.Louis suicide house"

Me "so you know about it?"