-New Start-

S O L I V A G E N T(adj

S O L I V A G E N T
(adj.) wandering alone.

"Miss Shadid?"

I jump abruptly at the sudden voice, my eyes immediately peer to the blonde receptionist giving me a questioning gaze.

Awkwardly laughing, I close my eyes in embarrassment and quickly apologise for my lack of attention.

Way to go Adeena

Instead of having an understanding view, she rolls her eyes and continues in an oddly manner,"No worries, we just don't want you dazing off in your new job. Would put a bad example on you wouldn't it?" She spoke spitefully and tilts her head to the side, giving a challenging look.

Taking a deep breath, I ensure her that that won't happen again, though she doesn't seem pleased by my attempt.

Her eyes then move to the computer as she hands over my swim attire,my name badge,and a set of keys all on one key ring. Ignoring me completely.

Clenching my jaw to stop hateful words coming out, I thank her for her service,not even bothering to ask her for directions to the changing rooms.

Looking to my right, I see arrows pointing to the staff rooms. My heels audible as I walk towards it and follow its directions.

The hallways were speaking luxury to my eyes. The miniature expensive chandeliers on the ceilings, were covered in crystals and gems. The floors were all marbled with expensive historical paintings hung on the velvet looking walls, names and date of births were imbroided underneath them.

I came here not long before but never got to see inside.

The soft carpets indicated that they were at Persian design,costing about 50k on my guess to line up the hallways, even the maids and waitresses walking down the hallways had more nicer taste in clothes than I ever had.

I never had the luxuries other kids grew up with,I moved as immigrants with my parents to London at the age of eight.I was known as the kid that couldn't speak English, it wasn't an easy language as kids thought it was. They looked at me weirdly for being some type of foreign monster.

The teachers could never understand me and always complained to my parents at my lack of English, but we simply couldn't afford a tutor to come over. So I had to learn at home with them, books and YouTube had became my best friends. Though throughout the years I became fluent it wasn't enough for the other kids eyes to accept me. My Middle Eastern looks got in the way, and my Islamic name didn't help matters.

I felt like an outcast all through my life,making friends was much harder, and even through my accent all they saw was some foreign, orphaned girl.