Chapter 10(R is back!)

Yeah-Yeah's POV

        We rode our bikes as fast as we could. When we got close, I saw Phillips yelling at Ariel. Then he slapped her, and did it again a couple more times. "DON'T TOUCH HER!!!" I yelled.

                Ariel's POV

        After they left, I sat down. Well, more like fell. I needed to cry, but I couldn't. Not with Phillips around that is. "Ariel get up!" Phillips said. I did, then faced him. "Nice job. With this going great your brother will surely make the team." I just stood there, looking at the ground. "Alright, it's your time to be batter." Phillips said. I slowly walked over and took my position. When the ball came flying, I didn't even swing. I didn't even TRY to swing. Phillips yelled things at me, but I didn't listen. I hardly ever did.

                * * * *

        Maybe 20 minutes passed. I tried batting again, and still the same outcome. I tried bases, outfield, short stop, catcher, and pitcher, but didn't do anything right. "Ariel what the hell is up with you today?!" Phillips yelled. Like always, I just looked at the ground. "I'm talking to you." Then he slapped me. Which was followed by more. "DON'T TOUCH HER!!" A voice yelled. I turned to find Yeah-Yeah and the rest of them standing where they were before. I couldn't hold back the tears any longer. I collapsed and curled up in a ball. I heard noises, and screaming, then a pair of arms wrapped around me. I looked up to see Yeah-Yeah holding me. "Go away." I whispered. "Never."         

        He said pulling me closer. "I said get away!" I yelled pushing him away. "Ariel, we can help. We understand." "No you don't! You never did! You don't have someone looking up to you, wanting to do everything you do, and be just like you! I don't want to ruin his future in becoming who he is." I said/yelled. "We know your making sacrifices for Eric. But all he want right now is his sister back. And you know what? I want my girlfriend back." I looked him in the eyes. "Phillips doesn't deserve a beautiful, smart, funny, interesting person like you." "You think I'm all those things?" I asked. With one swift move, his arm went around my waist and pulled me close and whispered, "All those things and more." Then attached his lips onto mine. "Get your hands off my girlfriend!" Phillips yelled. "Fuck off." I said. Phillips looked stunned. "Yeah-Yeah? Can we go back to my house? I want to change into something that I actually like." "Sure R." He replied. None of them have called me R in forever!

* * * *

        About 30 minutes later, I had changed and burned the clothes Phillips gave me. "Come on Ariel. We have a surprise for you." Yeah-Yeah said. "Okay. By mom!" I yelled. "Have fun! Use protection!!!" "MOM!!!" I yelled my cheeks getting warm. She laughed and shooed us out the door. "Your mom is pretty cool." Yeah-Yeah said. "I know." "What about your dad?" I walked silently. "I'm sorry, I didn't know." He said. "Oh no! He's not dead." "Then what is it?"

         "Even though he was one of the reasons we moved here, I guess he wasn't so thrilled about it. My dad has never liked my grandpa, or me. Or Eric. He loves my older brother. Says that he was the only good thing to come out of this life. Apparently me and Eric were mistakes." "You were never a mistake. Neither was Eric." "I guess. But now he distances himself from us. He is always on the phone with Al. Then he yells at us because of the phone bill."

        "How about you don't worry about any of that right now?" He asked. When we turned the corner into the Sandlot, I saw the boys teaching Eric how to play baseball. Benny saw me, and motioned for Eric to look my way. When he did, he came running to me. I opened my arms and hugged him tightly. "Eric, I'm so sorry you can't be on the team. It's what you wanted." "Ariel, all I wanted was my sister back." Eric responded. Then when we pulled away, Eric said, "Guess who came to visit?"

         I had a confused look on my face, and I was led to the dugout. Sitting there, with Goliath, was my older brother Al." "Hey Ariel." Al said. "Hi Al." Tears started forming in my eyes and I couldn't help but embrace him in my arms. Eric followed and I felt so happy. "Happy birthday Ariel." Yeah-Yeah said. I pulled away from the hug and said, "My birthday isn't till July 3rd." "You seriously don't remember your birthday?" Al asked. "That's why Al is here Ariel." Eric said. "I guess I forgot. You know, with Phillips and everything." "We'll we didn't doll face." Ham said. I gave him "the look" and then laughed. Maybe this could be the best birthday so far.

                * * * *
        After hanging out with everyone for my birthday, me and my brothers went home. Well Yeah-Yeah came to. When we entered the house, my mom and dad were sitting on opposite sides of the room. "Mom, Dad?" I asked. "What's going on?" Al asked. "Take a seat you three. You can to Alan." "No tell us now!" I yelled. My mom looked to my dad and then finally said, "Your father and I have decided to get a divorce."

Ik it's Hercules but it won't let me change it for some reason sry.