Chapter Forty-Eight: The Party Don't Start 'Til I Walk In

I got to Michael’s at around half past six, as I promised with my many packets of Smiths chips and lollies. I had put a few more songs on my iPod, ideal for partying and even bought a dress, a top, some pants and a new swimsuit, which I didn’t really need, but I felt like splurging. I walked into Mike’s house in denim capris and a 5SOS shirt I’d borrowed from Talia.

“Nice shirt.” He said when he let me in.

“Thanks.” I smiled at his mum and set the several bags on the table. “So you’re sure this is all ok?”

“Yeah. As long as it doesn’t get too big. I’m going out with some friends tonight anyway so you kids have your fun.” She gave me a grin before I started stringing up some fairy lights on the roof guttering in the backyard.

“Seriously Carrie, is there anything you can’t do?” Michael smirked as he set up tables to put food on.

“Draw, build a house, ride a horse, downhill ski, snowboard, skateboard, embroidery, ice skating, skating in general.”

“Ok, ok. I get it.” I smiled at him and he returned it. By quarter past seven, all the exterior decorating was complete. We went around to the surrounding houses to let them know what was going on and to apologise in advance for any loud noises during the night. I starting making up some drinks for the guests and Michael insisted on putting a little bit of vodka in.

“You’ve called the others haven’t you?” I asked as I put the drinks cooler on a table outside.

“Yeah…” He trailed off. I rolled my eyes.

“You didn’t did you?”

“Maybe not.” I phoned Ashton, Calum and Luke and told them all what was happening. I then called Talia and Haylea and to let them know, told them not to dress too obscenely, told them to bring togs and gave them the address. Everyone had arrived by eight. I started pumping the Avicii from Michael’s iPod dock I’d put outside on the table along with the many varieties of chip, lolly and flavoured cracker, while I escaped to get changed. I decided to rock the punk chick vibe and wore horrendously ripped skinny jeans with a Queen band tank. I redid my hair so I had it in a high-ponytail and put on my high-top sneakers. Ashton grinned and then high-fived me as I returned to the party. I was waving my arms around like a true party animal when someone tapped my shoulder.

“Hey, Carrie.” It was Ashton, but he had four guys standing next to him. Not even embarrassing.

“Helloooo.” I grinned.

“This is Leighton Cauchi, Andy Butler, Dylan Clark and Oliver Kirby.”

“Hello! I am Carrie Griffith.”

“These four have their own band.”

“Oh really? What are you called?”

“Little Sea.” The one Ashton identified as Oliver, spoke up.

“That’s a really cool name. I spent most of my high school years trying to come up with a good name for a band, even though I was never in one. I could never think of anything good. We had H.T.C because my two best friends are Haylea and Talia,” I pointed over to the two idiots dancing around with drinks in their hands, “but that name was taken by the phone so…” We all nodded awkwardly. Then an incredibly gorgeous girl came and joined us, swinging her arm over Andy’s shoulder.

“Carrie is it?” He began and I nodded. “This is my lovely girlfriend Micayla.”

“Hi, I’m Carrie.” I smiled.

“Hi. Who are you here with?” She asked.

“Michael.” I said and she nodded slowly as if she didn’t really believe me. Thankfully, Mikey came along at that exact moment and snaked his arm around me.