Chapter Thirty-Eight: Let's Go On An Adventure

I was in my room doing the finishing touches on the fan photo montage when Mikey walked in.

“Hello.” He smiled.

“Holy schiesse! Your hair!” I stared and he touched it self-consciously.

“What about it?” I gave him a flat look as he fell next to me on the bed.

“It is red and black, no longer it’s purple hue.” I touched it and found myself poking his hair. The look he was giving me showed annoyance but I could tell he was amused by my childish nature.

“What are you up to?” He asked and my hand backed away from his head, back to my laptop.

“Updating my blog.”

“Sounds fascinating.”

“Oh it is. I don’t even know what to write.”

“Well we’re in LA, it’s reasonably warm, the flight was long, Pinkberry is good and you’ve good a heck of a knack for cooking.” I laughed at his idea and ended up just closing the laptop as he sat on the bed next to me. “Want to go for a swim?”

“Sure.”

“Seriously?”

“Heck yeah. That pool out there looks amazing.”

“Ahh. Well I wasn’t really talking about that pool.”

“What pool were you talking about?” I asked slowly.

“Well not a pool exactly.” He said slowly and I just sighed.

“How about I put my swimmers on and we go from there. Ok?”

“Yeah. Ok. That sounds good.” He left with a grin before I slipped on my white and fluoro green striped bikini and threw a Nirvana tank and a pair of denim shorts over the top. I rolled my hair into a bun and threw my thongs on before meeting him at the top of the stairs. “Now we have to get out, without the boys seeing us.” He whispered. “That means we’re jumping out your window.” I just stared at him. “It just grass, plus there’s a tree to help you.” I sighed and walked to my window, opening it enough that I could fit through.

“If I die, I’m going to kill you.” I muttered before I launched myself off the window sill, grabbing the branch and dropping to the ground. I didn’t make too much noise, which I’m guessing is what Michael wanted. He joined me a few moments later and he took my hand as we climbed over a few fences and ran across several backyards. We had to be particularly careful in one yard as they had a Chihuahua at the back door and although the darkness hid us pretty well, we were still terrified of the thing going off. We ended up in a park and I ran straight for the swings. Michael strolled over and eventually joined me.

“Does this look like a pool or other body of water to you?” He asked with a flat expression but I just poked my tongue at him. He ran behind the swing and since I hadn’t been on for long, I hadn’t gained much height. He grabbed me around my waist as I travelled backwards and I was suddenly in bridal carry as he spun me around and I ended up on the ground with him in push-up position above me. I couldn’t help but stare at his eyes. He had gorgeous eyes.

“The uhh body of water?” I said, refocussing him as I stood up and helped me up. We ran through a few more backyards and I suddenly realised what we were doing. “Is this legal in America?” I whispered to Michael as we climbed over another fence.

“I don’t think this is legal anywhere.” He replied as we ran and jumped a few more backyards. “Ok, this is it.” We carefully opened a side-gate of a seemingly deserted house. The grass was overgrown like you wouldn’t believe, the paved driveway was crawling with weeds, there were no cars, no lights on and all the curtains were drawn. “All the houses along here have private access to the beach, but this is the only house with no residents.